Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Reviews on Closeout connections linen

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 7:53 pm
I want to purchase a linen set for my master from their site. Anyone with experience? How do they wash, wear, comfortable?

librarygirl

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 7:59 pm
I got a set this summer. Looks beautiful, washed beautifully, very soft. Can't comment to longevity though.

Maryann

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:05 pm
I bought the one with the fancy design on one side.
Was really uncomfortable, so I don't use it. But if you buy the linen that just has the regular material all over I'm sure will be comfortable

Optione

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:05 pm
We've had them and are happy with them. The microfiber (which I have) is totally comfortable, but I find I get hot with it (in general I don't sleep with a heavy blanket, wear summer pajamas in the winter...)

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:48 pm
Maryann wrote:
I bought the one with the fancy design on one side.
Was really uncomfortable, so I don't use it.
But if you buy the linen that just has the regular material all over I'm sure will be comfortable

Same experience. Looks nice 3.5 years later, but is highly uncomfortable.

SYA

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 10:33 pm
The regular cotton ones washed well and it's still in great condition after my kids took it to sleep away camp.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:40 am
I had one bad experience with their linen (quickly got all pimply) - but they apologized and took it back immediately. They assured me that it was a uniquely bad batch, and the same thing would not happen with another set. I have had only good experience with all their other linen, and I recommend them without reservation.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:27 am
I recommend their Better Bed Collection 300 thread count sateen blend that runs $109-$119.
It's not 100% cotton and the first time I bought it I didn't realize that. But the linen is soft, well constructed and lasts, so I've bought more since.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:25 am
I prefer the 300 count percale cotton blend over the 100% cotton because of the ironing factor. I understand they are probably not as soft as the cotton ones, my concern was the pimpling. Am I understanding correctly that they don't pimple? And are they really wrinkle free?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I prefer the 300 count percale cotton blend over the 100% cotton because of the ironing factor. I understand they are probably not as soft as the cotton ones, my concern was the pimpling. Am I understanding correctly that they don't pimple? And are they really wrinkle free?

No pimples on the one I wrote above. I used the set for 2 years before I found out it wasn't all cotton.

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 11:51 pm
the linens lasted beautifully. no complaints about the fabric.

the elastic deteriorated pretty quickly on the sheets. I use sheet suspenders and no complaints anymore.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 1:29 pm
Bumping this because I wanted to try linen for the master bathroom. I’m very picky when it comes to linen so I always spent more and bought from elegant linen or someplace similar.
I’ve bought from close out connection for my kids room and it okay... but I really need that smooth softness for my own bed.
Will I be happy with close out connection linen for 48” beds?
I love saving $$$!
Or maybe someone tried out something amazing from amazon?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Bumping this because I wanted to try linen for the master bathroom. I’m very picky when it comes to linen so I always spent more and bought from elegant linen or someplace similar.
I’ve bought from close out connection for my kids room and it okay... but I really need that smooth softness for my own bed.
I love saving $$$!

I'm happy with the linen on 48" bed. By second wash and dry it was plenty soft.
I tried an Amazon set recommended here and and one on Overstock. Amazon was not soft at all and wrinkled like crazy and they took it back. Overstock was very soft but needed to be ironed every time so I avoided using it.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 1:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I tried an Amazon set recommended here and and one on Overstock. Amazon was not soft at all and wrinkled like crazy and they took it back. Overstock was very soft but needed to be ironed every time so I avoided using it.

Thank you!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 1:48 pm
I also just ordered a bunch of sets from target to try. Just be aware sets from not Jewish stores you need to buy two and find sheets and possibly extra pillowcases to match

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 2:03 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I love saving $$$!

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics