Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
No-meds approach to ADHD
Previous  1  2

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:34 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Giving your child drugs gives your child a 100% chance of being on drugs. Drugs are harmful whether you're addicted or not.

What studies have you researched on ADHD medications? There are normal side effects. There are studies on long term effects. Ritalin is one of the oldest drugs in use today. There are many studies on it.
The most important thing is to treat your child. There are more natural ways such as diet, supplements and exercise there is medication, there is therapy for you and the child, there are extracurriculars that they may thrive on.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:49 pm
GOOD LUCK trying to go natural!!!

I've tried it all... spent thousands... and got nowhere...

I absolutely didn't want to medicate my kids. I tried many many highly recommended natural alternatives. It made no difference whatsoever!
Wanna spend thousands before going to meds, try it...

oneofakind

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:55 pm
Structure, structure, structure. Positivity, positivity, positivity. No extra words in a command, they will lose focus halfway. Many kids with ADHD are amazingly creative-give them opportunities to use their creativity. Maxihealth has some products worth trying.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 4:39 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Giving your child drugs gives your child a 100% chance of being on drugs. Drugs are harmful whether you're addicted or not.

You're out of your mind, you know that?

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 7:23 pm
ra_mom wrote:

This is THE first time I’ve read a negative remark from ra- mom.
& I completely agree with her.

The right drug for an adhd child is LIFE CHANGING. for the better
Trust me, been there done that & more ...

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 7:58 pm
Anyone else find it fascinating how much the world has changed in 8 years. Reading the old responses on this thread has me a bit shook. If someone started a thread now about how to naturally treat ADHD- everyone would be down their back how its not happening

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:06 pm
Depends what behaviors you are trying to change. I have one hyperactive child and two disorganized, Executive Function deficient kids so they need different things. 2/3 are taking medicine since middle school. The third is younger and we are trying to do other things and hold off on medicine as long as possible. I don’t think it will be much longer as feeling stupid, disorganized and getting yelled at a lot aren’t good for her either. We have tried other things with some success such as brain training and Executive Function skills.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:12 pm
ADHD is strongly associated with poor sleep quality. Does he snore? Grind his teeth at night? Breathe through his mouth? Sleep apnea?

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:37 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Anyone else find it fascinating how much the world has changed in 8 years. Reading the old responses on this thread has me a bit shook. If someone started a thread now about how to naturally treat ADHD- everyone would be down their back how its not happening

Maybe we’ve just got 8 more years of experience under our collective belt.
There were some responses that did not promote natural remedies.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 2:25 am
ra_mom wrote:

Actually, I just don't want anyone else to suffer the way I did.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children