Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
When do you get up
1  2  Next

behappy2

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:04 am
Do you get up before or after your kids? I always feel like I'm catching my tail in the morning and it would help if I had 30 minutes before they wake up. But that means getting up an hour early and going to bed an hour early! What do you all do and how is it working for you?

pesek zman

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:07 am
Of course before! Since birth!! I wake up 5:55am, get my kid up at 6:30 and we leave at 7am

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:09 am
6:30. When I get up later like 7:30 (which happens plenty) I'm also running after my tail and not worth it.

soap suds

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:13 am
Whenever I tried waking up before my kids, they always ended up coming out of bed earlier. No matter how quiet I was, they seemed to sense it, and just started waking up earlier themselves. I've given up on having some quiet time to myself in the morning. At this point my goal is just to wake up early enough to have a calm slow-paced morning, instead of stressed out marathon.

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:19 am
I aim to wake up up at least half hour/45 minutes before the kids.
If the kids wake up early then everything takes soo much longer.

Waking up before the kids even 1/2 hr makes a world of a difference, try it!

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:26 am
I'm usually up 1/2 hour before my kids. I wake the kids a good hour and 15 minutes before they need to leave, I hate rushed mornings, it puts me in a bad mood for the day.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:53 am
My kids wake me up. I've always had trouble getting up in the morning, and that's not going to change. Getting up before my kids is just not going to happen. I get as much as possible together the night before, so it's not too hectic in the morning.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:56 am
When my kids were younger, I wouldn't bother getting up before them because they would ALWAYS get up if I was up. No that they're a little older, I do get up before them, but not by much.

behappy2

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 10:58 am
What time are youy getting up and going to sleep? Also my husband is a night owl so it's complicated to get to bed so early....

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:04 am
behappy2 wrote:
What time are youy getting up and going to sleep? Also my husband is a night owl so it's complicated to get to bed so early....

My husband is a night owl too. I dont go to sleep the same time as him.

I like to to read in bed and be in bed by 1030 but that doesnt always happen.
I usually end up going to sleep after 11 and wake up between 7 to 720.

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:04 am
My kids are variable. My oldest will wake up and often read or do legos before he comes in my room to say good morning. My next two usually get up around 6:30-7am. It depends on how bed time went the night before.

I get up at 7am at the latest. I need to take two kids at 8:20 then I can come home dress my toddler and baby, collect my stuff for work etc and leave again around 9am. I am most productive when I get up closer to 6:30 then 7am. Lately my baby has been nursing a little before 6am so I have been trying to get myself half way up like instead of laying in bed ill go sit in this comfy chair that I have in my room. It kind of gradually wakes me up which is good for me.

I am really a slacker at heart because I think without the pressure of get everyone to school on time I have a harder time in the morning.

Last edited by mha3484 on Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

lfab

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:05 am
I get up at 5:30 and my kids get up around 6:10/6:15. I have found that if im not ready before my kids get up then the morning is crazy and everyone leaves the house on a bad mood. And just for the record, I am by nature a night owl and if you had told me when I first got married that there'd come a time that this was my normal schedule I would have laughed in your face. It took a while for me to get used to it but now it's just my normal schedule.

Reality

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:07 am
I wake up between 6:30 and 7. My older kids have to be up by 7 and my younger kids at 7:30.

behappy2

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 12:55 pm
lfab wrote:
I get up at 5:30 and my kids get up around 6:10/6:15. I have found that if im not ready before my kids get up then the morning is crazy and everyone leaves the house on a bad mood. And just for the record, I am by nature a night owl and if you had told me when I first got married that there'd come a time that this was my normal schedule I would have laughed in your face. It took a while for me to get used to it but now it's just my normal schedule.

What time do you go to bed??

behappy2

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 12:58 pm
You are all amazing! Thanks for taking the time to respond! Right now I get up 7:30 and kids get up around 7:00. They have a hundred demands when I wake up and have a hard time getting my bearings. The kids are fine and happy and it's not stressful..It's just me who is eating breakfast after my blood sugar dropstoo low etc...

pizza4

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 12:58 pm
It's really hard for me to get up in the morning. I can only do it with the pressure of bus... Pulling myself out of bed at 7 is murderous!
But then, I go to sleep way too late. 1am is regular bedtime for me. So I'm basically a zombie all day... but how do you get things done without staying up at night? Maybe if I wouldn't be so tired I'd be more productive lol.
Back to the question.... yes at this point I'm getting up before my kids, I need to wake them, but not much earlier more like 15 min before so I can get myself ready and then help them along.

lfab

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:20 pm
behappy2 wrote:
What time do you go to bed??

I aim to be in bed by 10:30. But recently it hasn't been enough and I've been really tired. But in order to get things done I don't see it being feasible to get to bed earlier.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:56 pm
6:15 and it takes all my koach.

I wake the kids up at around 6:35-6:40.

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:08 pm
I get up with my kids around 7am. I have 4 kids and none of them are in the same bus or carpool. It makes it easier because the last minute stuff happens one kid at a time and not all at once.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:31 pm
behappy2 wrote:
You are all amazing! Thanks for taking the time to respond! Right now I get up 7:30 and kids get up around 7:00. They have a hundred demands when I wake up and have a hard time getting my bearings. The kids are fine and happy and it's not stressful..It's just me who is eating breakfast after my blood sugar dropstoo low etc...

I find the kids to be needier when I wake up later than then. And everything kind of snowballs.
Maybe you can try to get up with them at 7.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics