Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Whats so bad about Las Vegas?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:23 am
Hi,
My DH has a trip planned for work to Las Vegas for literally a day. I can't go with him this time. What is so scary/bad about Las Vegas that his Rav was not keen for him to go without me? Can someone please enlighten me, thanks.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:24 am
Ever heard of the expression what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?

my80

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:27 am
No, please tell me more.... seriously. Scare me, I want to know

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:27 am
If your husband wants to sin he will do wether you join him or not. The frum shows have very frum people there but not the real erliche previous generation.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

mfb

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:29 am
Supposedly there are whores on the street corners enticing all men. And they approach you even if you don’t seem interested.
(Was never there just heard about it)

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:31 am
mfb wrote:
Supposedly there are whores on the street corners enticing all men. And they approach you even if you don’t seem interested.
(Was never there just heard about it)

Guess they would approach men and not women so no one on this site could know.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

pesek zman

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:31 am
If he’s going for one day for work I wouldn’t worry. Then again, if you trust your husband (and why wouldn’t you?) you shouldn’t worry at all.

my80

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:32 am
Can anyone confirm or deny this for real. That there are um 'women' all the over the place, in yr face.

amother
Goldenrod

Sorry nchr, but frum jews don't belong everywhere. We're allowed to have some self control and not go to places we shouldn't be going to. We cannot do as we please.
אל תאמין בעצמך עד יום מותך.
No one is above that.
That being said, many business shows are held in Vages. If one needs to go for business, there's usually no time to look for trouble.

amother
DarkPurple

my80 wrote:
Can anyone confirm or deny this for real. That there are um 'women' all the over the place, in yr face.

Probably only men.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

nchr

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:33 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Sorry nchr, but frum jews don't belong everywhere. We're allowed to have some self control and not go to places we shouldn't be going to. We cannot do as we please.
אל תאמין בעצמך עד יום מותך.
No one is above that.
That being said, many business shows are held in Vages. If one needs to go for business, there's usually no time to look for trouble.

Did I write everyone - no. I wrote anywhere. You can sin in Lakewood, Monsey, Brooklyn, etc. You do not need to go to Vegas to sin.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:34 am
Prostitution is legal.

My not frum grandfather was there years ago and was approached. (He declined.)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:36 am
Nchr, of course one can sin anywhere. But in some places it's just too easy.....

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:36 am
I used to live there many decades ago (before frumkeit). Yes..there are women working the bars, strip joints everywhere. The bell captains at large hotels will procure women for those that want. They get kickback from the girls. Sorry..it most certainly is true. Otoh..lots of kosher food;)

simba

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:37 am
my80 wrote:

There is definitely easy access.
I would have no issue with my dh going but that’s because I know him and trust him.
If I didn’t, I have bigger issues at hand.

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:38 am
The only thing hard to avoid, IMO, are the large, prominent advertisements for inappropriate shows (girls in glittery showgirl costumes, etc. on the advertisements).

If you are spending your time in a convention center or meeting room, that's about it.

There is also lots of fun, and not inappropriate stiff to see (gaudy hotel lobbies, spectacular fountains, magic shows, etc.).

Of course, if you go *looking* for trouble, you can easily find it (inappropriate shows, legalized prostitution, etc. And gambling *everywhere* (grocery stores, airports, etc.)).

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:43 am
Going to Las Vegas to hang out is one thing, it's definitely easy to find bad things to do. But going for work is a totally different story...conventions and work meetings keep you busy all day there's not much down time. I've been there for work and never had any issues.

nchr

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:46 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Prostitution is legal.

My not frum grandfather was there years ago and was approached. (He declined.)

That is not true. Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and there are no legal brothers there. It is legal in other counties in Nevada.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:47 am
I trust my husband, and have never doubted him.
That said, I don't know what he/I am getting myself into.

Tell me more, if he doesn't go looking for it, will he be able to avoid it?

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I trust my husband, and have never doubted him.
That said, I don't know what he/I am getting myself into.

Tell me more, if he doesn't go looking for it, will he be able to avoid it?

Yes!
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics