Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Seeking kosher bnb in Kingston PA, and then in Toronto ONT
Previous  1  2

Gerbera

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:09 pm
old_mom wrote:
To answer the question about "define Kosher," I am not worried about food; I'll be bringing my own. My using "Kosher" is my code for "frum-friendly accommodations."

I'd just rather give my "motel" business to a Yid, and maybe also save a few dollars, rather than subsidizing some hotel chain and wondering about the security aspect, since I'll be a woman traveling alone and arriving late at night. That is, I think that I'll sleep better if I'm in a Jewish place -- more heimish and all that.

As for "six families that keep kosher" in Kingston, PA, that's hard to make sense of since there are 30+ Chabad families living there. (Maybe there'd be only six such families in Kingston, Jamaica or Kingston, NY, but not Kingston, PA!) Anyway, as I said above, I'm not needing to obtain kosher food there.

Glad to have the opportunity to clarify here.

Thanks for such quick responses, for checking with friends, etc. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

(Still looking forward to hearing more info. about possibilities in Toronto, at least, and maybe by some miracle in Kingston, PA, too, please Hashem!)

The Canadians were confusing Kingston for Kingston, Ontario ☺️

old_mom

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:38 pm
B"H

Thanks, Gerbera! I found a reasonable, decent motel in Toronto, baruch Hashem. Thank you for confirming that this is a better option than continuing to try to find a kosher bnb for just that one night. (And [oops!] thx. for setting me straight about Kingston, Ontario!)

------

And Shanie5, your invitation for Scranton is amazing and wonderful! I just PMed you, so we can discuss further. Thank you!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:59 pm
Gerbera wrote:
The Canadians were confusing Kingston for Kingston, Ontario ☺️

Oh my goodness! I had no idea anywhere in the states had references to king or quern! I thought you all lost that in 1776! I’ve drivento New York at least fifty times! Never heard of Kingston PA! I can’t stop laughing!!!

summer0808

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:10 pm
there's a Kingston, NY too. Right off the thruway actually on the way to NYC.

Plenty of other references to kings and queens as well. (think queens, NY

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 1:39 pm
I live in Kingston, PA, and nobody I know runs a b&b but if there's enough demand I may look into it as a business opportunity. (Not joking.)

shanie5

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:04 pm
Brooklyn ny is in king's county too

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:31 am
I travel often alone, in my 60s, and feel bnb is much safer than big hotel. I,ve never needed "kosher" bnb. I call ahead and ask for whole fruit, paper products, ask for the almond milk I'd like, dry oatmeal packets or Cherrios. They are usually very happy to accommodate. The Keurig coffee you can use with paper. You are saving them money. I also ask for discount since I'm not eating the huge cooked breakfast. Traveling this way is a joy, safe, and luxurious. Hatzlacha.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:40 am
shanie5 wrote:
Brooklyn ny is in king's county too

Yes, and I’m from Queens 🙂!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics