Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going away. What can I leave for kids?
Previous  1  2

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:17 pm
You can do the pass the gift around and put a little something between each layer.
Or make a calendar that opens little windows with a candy in each window
You can do this with little jewelry boxes.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:23 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Forget the chachkies and start a therapy fund for the 3-year old. 10 day is too long at that age.

Op here.
If you don't have anything nice to answer then don't.
I started this thread for ideas of what to leave for them, not to have idiots like you diagnose my kids mental health. Stay away if you have nothing nice to add

Bh my parents house is my kids second home. We live ten minutes away from each other and I have little siblings so they are all in school together and get together all the time. I am not in the least bit nervous about leaving them there for that long. They are looking at it as an extended sleepover and are all super excited.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:25 pm

mommyfish

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:28 pm
I still remember when I was little my parents went away for over a week and left us by relatives. Before they went, my mother gave us all a journal to write in each day. She had one for herself also and wrote about her trip each day. We had such fun reading it together when we were home again!

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am going away with DH next week for ten days. We have family watching out three children. I bought some little chachkes I thought they would like but still need more ideas if stuff to buy for them. I also want a cute way for them to open it.
Last time we went away for a couple days I wrapped a present per day with a note. Since it's more days I was thinking like a pass the present type of idea for this time. (Each day pull away another layer) Has anyone done that or have any other ideas for me?

Thanks

I’d say the best thing you can leave them is their parents. I’m not for leaving them for so many days unless it’s an emergency.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:37 pm
my mama wrote:
I heard a wonderful quote regarding this...
They won't remember and you won't forget.

This child will not remember being left for ten days while you won't forget your wonderful vacation.

That’s so wrong. My mom had to leave us for a surgery (I didn’t know why at the time) when I was 4 and I never forgot!

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:39 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I'm usually very respectful to posters here, but since you're hiding under "amother" and you're answering a little nutty, I don't have self control. But are you sure you're not on some spectrum, or have some diagnosis!? You're answers here suggest otherwise. Lol.
In hindsight, ya know, I didn't let my 3 yr old cut up his own pepper; thinking back I think I will next time, cuz do you know how it can effect his future independency? Have an effect on his fine motor skills? Teach him some serious kitchen skills? Can you fathom the effects it will have on his psyche by denying him to cut up the pepper by himself!?!

May I ask what credentials you have to diagnose someone else here as nutty? She can have her opinion and there are lots who’d agree so are we all nutty? Maybe we are a little older than you and realize the detriments while this young spoiled generation puts themselves before their children

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:48 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
May I ask what credentials you have to diagnose someone else here as nutty? She can have her opinion and there are lots who’d agree so are we all nutty? Maybe we are a little older than you and realize the detriments while this young spoiled generation puts themselves before their children

Let's see if you can guess a range of my age? 20-25, 25-30, 30-35? 35-40? Over 40?
Sorry op, to hi-jack this thread, I'm enjoying this immensely! I actually really enjoying this!! Laugh

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:57 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:

Jfyi, I'm not a youngster by far, have left behind in the past plenty of times, all ages, and bh they're mentally intact. Ask any Rav, rebitzen, marriage counselor, going on vacation is very important. I hardly do it, I have left kids behind for other reasons, but I admire op and anybody else that takes the time and money, and whatever else it takes to on vacation. May it be 1 day or 10 days. Going away with the spouse is very important. And you're comment " young, spoiled generation puts themselves before their children" is downright absurd. I'm not going "amother" for saying what I feel. You are! Apparently there's reason. I'm not afraid of speaking up. You are! Apparently there's reason.
You're probably one of those youngsters that are afraid of their children and therefore are so worried abt the "detriments" and how it will effect their the psyche.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:15 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I’d say the best thing you can leave them is their parents. I’m not for leaving them for so many days unless it’s an emergency.

We will have to agree to disagree, while ten days is a long time, I agree, it wouldn't make a difference to my kids if it was a week or ten days. Being that I am going away internationally, I chose to go for longer.

do you never leave your kids with a babysitter? Are you with your kids 24/7? Sometimes people need to get away and it's not for you to judge.

To all you bashers please start your own thread.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:16 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Jfyi, I'm not a youngster by far, have left behind in the past plenty of times, all ages, and bh they're mentally intact. Ask any Rav, rebitzen, marriage counselor, going on vacation is very important. I hardly do it, I have left kids behind for other reasons, but I admire op and anybody else that takes the time and money, and whatever else it takes to on vacation. May it be 1 day or 10 days. Going away with the spouse is very important. And you're comment " young, spoiled generation puts themselves before their children" is downright absurd. I'm not going "amother" for saying what I feel. You are! Apparently there's reason. I'm not afraid of speaking up. You are! Apparently there's reason.
You're probably one of those youngsters that are afraid of their children and therefore are so worried abt the "detriments" and how it will effect their the psyche.

Thanks tweety1.

Exactly how I feel

Seashell

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 6:39 pm
If you have the time & patience -a small photo album for each with a few special photos. Or just a frame with a photo to keep near their beds.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics