Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Anger Management for Kids

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 11:26 am
Can anyone recommend any books on anger management for kids?

I have a 7 year old son who is great most of the time, but then explodes in anger. He's been doing this since he was a toddler and we've tried various tactics with limited success.

I've read:

How to talk so kids will listen, and listen so kids will talk
The explosive child
the whole brain child
transforming the difficult child
parenting with love and logic
setting limits with strong willed children

At this point, I'm also ready to take DH to a child psychologist who can maybe help him better.

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 11:36 am
A therapist is not a bad idea... and it doesn't need to be a last resort either. Good luck.

junam

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 5:22 am
I have a book called, there's a volcano in my tummy. I worked through it with ds. Amazon

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 5:41 am
seeker wrote:
A therapist is not a bad idea... and it doesn't need to be a last resort either. Good luck.

Agreed. Sounds similar to my son and he saw a therapist at age 8 (social worker). Now he's much older and the things he learned there have really stuck with him BH.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 10:24 pm
This sounds similar to something I'm going through with one of my children as well. In fact I was discussing different options of what to do about it with my dh tonight. For those of you that have used therapists or social workers, would you recommend them? (Are you in NY?)

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 7:49 pm
Bump.

I would also gain from advice on this topic.

Have a brilliant 8 yr old that is sweet most of the time. except when he explodes.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 10:31 pm
My 9 year old is similar. Excellent until he explodes and loses control.

I know you mentioned The Explosive Child - I found some of those ideas amazing. And we are working on trying to implement.

I was also recommended Zones of Regulation - It looks good but we haven't implemented anything yet.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 11:48 am
If you live in Brooklyn, there is this great guy Chaim Neuhoff that gives classes for kids and seperate for parents.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:16 pm
I hv this with my 5yo.
I have 60% of ppl including the ped telling me to ignore at this point and it's not that bad
20% saying mu parenting is terrible
And 20% advocating for therapy

So lost!!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 12:54 am
I dont know, my son now turning 16 is still is still struggling, tho, maybe I can tell bh his anger tamed down but came up with other issues. Not that I'm looking to scare u. Just be careful when looking into theripist's, some are such a waste in the nerve. My son is in therapy since age 7 , things are very slowly improving,
Is it normal that none of the theripist's were able to drag out his emotions, trauma, something ect. Eventhough my son is more to the open side, its totally crazy! I feel like now I'm only leaving it up to the reboina shel oilem! He helped me immensely, Just venting here since I can relate to this and my son is much older now.

Actually their was a gorgeous article in the ami in this week series how to accept a difficult kid (not that your kid is difficult )
just I it can be useful and inspirational for any moms having kids . Loved the way it was written, so true!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 12:56 am
This is a very good book on anger management for kids:
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/.....92607

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 12:56 am
I know, typo and Grammar mistakes , ... forgive me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children