Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey or vicinity girls high schools
Previous  1  2

mlc

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:32 pm
I’m surprised no one has mentioned by ramapo. While it is a Bais Yaakov there is a definite open minded and warm atmosphere . Frum but not all yeshivish mindset at all.

I’d suggest you look into it

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:43 pm
mlc wrote:
I’m surprised no one has mentioned by ramapo. While it is a Bais Yaakov there is a definite open minded and warm atmosphere . Frum but not all yeshivish mindset at all.

I’d suggest you look into it

Not so easy to get into, and I wouldn't exactly call them open-minded.

BYM strictly enforces skirt lengths (not too long or short) and other such things. Not all girls can handle that. It doesn't sound like the original poster's daughter can. Bais Yaakov of Passaic is fine with any skirt that covers the knees or doesn't hit the floor. Some of the really right wing Passaic families actually send to BYM because they not quite the community school BYP is.

mlc

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:55 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Not so easy to get into, and I wouldn't exactly call them open-minded.

BYM strictly enforces skirt lengths (not too long or short) and other such things. Not all girls can handle that. It doesn't sound like the original poster's daughter can. Bais Yaakov of Passaic is fine with any skirt that covers the knees or doesn't hit the floor. Some of the really right wing Passaic families actually send to BYM because they not quite the community school BYP is.

I didn’t mention BYM. I mentioned BYR, Bais Yaakov of Ramapo. The two are very very different .

I agree with your point about BYM

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:59 pm
If your daughter is not the academic type I think Ateres may be good for her. My neighbor sent her daughter to a chabbad high school for girls but I don't know the name of it, but that would be worth looking into.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:59 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
You need to look at the website because according to you they are confused and say they are the girls division of heichel.

I see you are defensive about MO being less frum. Leaving all haskafa questions aside for the moment, some of the schools mentioned well accept girls who have delinquent behavior.

OP you should ask your daughter's principal.

Can you please let me know where on Ma'ayanot's website you got that idea? I looked, but not thoroughly. If that is the case, I need to speak to the administration to either clarify my understanding or have them clarify their website.

Thank you. I really appreciate your taking the time to provide me with the information.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:01 pm
mlc wrote:
I didn’t mention BYM. I mentioned BYR, Bais Yaakov of Ramapo. The two are very very different .

I agree with your point about BYM

Bais Yaakov of Ramapo is also makpid on skirt length and became more bais yaakov type and is hard to get into.
Paer Bais Yaakov has two ninth grades for this coming year so maybe Mrs. Berney still has room, but I think it's also more of an academic type of school.

momX4

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:15 pm
Ma'ayanot is the girl's division of Heichel.

Be careful considering sending to Ateres and Breuers. Ask a lot of questions about the girls. Often when the other schools in Monsey are closed to girls, that's where they end up. The school's aren't always closed because ther girls are too modern.

I don't know much about Ateres, but I know alot about Bruers. They are very selective, open minded, high acedemic school. They allow cell phones and encourage the girls to use only filtered devices. They consider themselves a BY school, but it's definitely nothing like BY of Monsey.

Op, pm me if you have any specific questions about Bruers.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:59 pm
I cannot find that on Ma'ayanot's website either, including using the search function. Or via Google. And while I don't have daughters at Ma'ayanot I have friends who do, and their brother school (not officially) has always been TABC and they do not have the same hashkafa as Heichal. Heichal was founded to be more to the right of TABC.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 5:58 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Can you please let me know where on Ma'ayanot's website you got that idea? I looked, but not thoroughly. If that is the case, I need to speak to the administration to either clarify my understanding or have them clarify their website.

Thank you. I really appreciate your taking the time to provide me with the information.

Another very happy Ma'ayanot mom here!

I too would like to know where amother Lavendar got the idea that Ma'ayanot is the girls' division of Heichal. I have a child in each of the schools and to my knowledge there is no such relationship between the schools. It would be especially surprising to me because the two schools have somewhat different hashkafot, not to mention the fact that Heichal is much newer than Ma'ayanot. In fact I don't know many people who send to both schools.

Of course the students from the two schools meet and interact at the usual interschool competitions, and it's possible the two schools share some staff (though I'm not aware of any specifically), but I'm not aware of any relationship beyond that.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:37 pm
I was going to suggest Frisch. But then I saw, you aren't MO.

You don't want Chasidish or even BY, but your not MO, I am so funcused...
I need an aspirin...

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:11 pm
Ma'ayanot is the girl's division of Heichal.

What? That’s not true at all. Maayanot has been around for about 20 years, Heichal is relatively new and more to the right.

barbara1

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 12:03 am
Cookiegirl wrote:
Maybe Ateres Bais Yaakov will work for you. They are in the Bais Yaakov line but have a bit more open minded clientele than the other Bais Yaakov's (BY Monsey, BY Ramapo, BY D'rav Hirsch, Pe'er, Shiras Miriam etc). Monsey doesn't really have a more left wing girls' high school- some girls travel to Bruriah in Elizabeth.

Do u know if any of these schools would take Lakewood girls and if they have any space?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 1:03 am
Could there be another Maayanot in Monsey? The one I know in Teaneck is proudly MO, very academic, and is not the female division of any other school.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics