Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Poem to supervisee

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 11:19 am
I work in a supervisory position, in which I train the supervisee in providing services to our clients. Now that the year is starting again:) Looking for a poem I could give with a small gift to the girl I am supervising in order to help build our relationship...Like to invest in our relationship, since I find that a better relationship= better services to the clients we service..

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 11:20 am
In lieu of a poem - can you take her to lunch?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 12:02 pm
Just write a note saying how much you look forward to working with her. Taking her out to lunch is nice too. A poem would feel very unprofessional to me.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 1:50 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
A poem would feel very unprofessional to me.

ITA, unless you both write rhymes for a greeting card company.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 3:28 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
ITA, unless you both write rhymes for a greeting card company.

LOL! ok, I get the picture...gotta see if I can come up with something decent to write, I'm just so terrible with putting things into words...Thanks all for your advice!

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:33 pm
Dear Margarita/Ms. Margolies/Margie (however you address your subordinates):

Kudos to you on a job well done! Over the past week/month/whatever you have shown yourself to be a hard worker, eager to learn, and full of team spirit. I am impressed by the progress you have made thus far and look forward to seeing you continue to grow and succeed as a greeter/administrative aide/cashier/jail warden/dogcatcher/paralegal/whatever.

Best wishes, Amother OP

Question: Don't you have official probation for new hires, punctuated by performance evaluations at regular intervals? If not, why not?

Frankly, if my supervisor on a job I just started gave me a personal gift (as opposed to a standard company gift that's given to all new hires) and I didn't just get married or have a baby, I'd be very uncomfortable. Even such a card would make me raise an eyebrow. A verbal statement to the effect of what I wrote above would hit the spot. My supervisor is my boss, not my adoptive mother, and our relationship on the job should be warm but professional.

Once I'd been working there for a long time, it would be acceptable for a supervisor to give a small personal gift as a thank you for having put exceptional effort into a project. (A raise would be better but not all supervisors are in a position to give raises.)

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:31 am
OMG that's in appropriate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics