Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Question Abot Onion Kugel That is in the oven now

Flower97

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 12:30 pm
I making the onion kugel from mishpacha mag. It says to bake for 35 min. Thats impossible. The onions are raw. How long do you need to bake it for to get brown and cooked?

pumpkinsbubby

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 1:19 pm
I really don't know, because I've never made an onion kugel. I hope someone responds who can help you on this, and then would you please let us know how it comes out?

elmos

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 1:27 pm
just made it earlier today I cut it on the knife blade in the food processor and I think it baked for an hour maybe a little more glad to know its ni\ot my oven that has issues

Merrymom

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 1:27 pm
Is this a kugel with a dough or without?

IloveHashem613

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 1:28 pm
I also don't know exactly cuz I've never made onion kugel before. but in general I find that a lot of recipes will tell you to cook something for too short a time and I often have to add cooking time. I would just keep cooking it til it looks ready, onion kugel doesn't really sound like something u can mess up or cook too long, just make sure it doesn't burn. maybe next time sautee the onions first... hope this helps

notme

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 1:39 pm
I would check on it after 45 min and if it doesn't look ready put it back in the oven for another 10-15 min

Merrymom

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 2:11 pm
If it's with a dough generally that would be about 1 hour at 375.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 2:13 pm
Just bake it until it's browned. My took much longer than 35 minutes. Prob an hour or so.

yytsmommy

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 2:59 pm
I actually make this kugel a lot. I cut the onions into 1/2 circles- so is stringy- my dh loves it this way- this kugel is always gone when I make it. that being said- I never time it in the oven, I just take it out when it is solid- clean knife in center and nicely browned.
good luck and enjoy!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:41 am
Sorry about reviving an old thread, but it's short enough that I hope it doesn't annoy anyone.
Has anyone made this as muffins/kugelettes? If you have, how many muffins did you get? TIA.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes