Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Warm Coats for Good Price Online
Previous  1  2

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 5:09 pm
These may not be THE warmest, but pretty comparable to what I'd get in a brick and mortar. I didn't try them yet, but that was my experience last year with a different coat from Ali. Look at Reviews.
One has free returns, so you really can't lose.
https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....;mp=1

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 5:29 pm
Last year a lot of people in the neighborhood seemed to have bought a warm down coat on AliExpress that they were happy with.
This looks similar though last year everybody had a black one with a white fur collar. I happen to think a more natural color is prettier.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/.....17573

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 5:37 pm
I need it for a boy, age 10. All besides the last link are girly and the last link is $50. Why would I order all the way from China, even with free returns? I'd rather spend $10 more and have 90 day return in a local store.

Gap only has Ultra Max Down Parka and Max Puffer. I don't see an Ultra Max Down Puffer for boys.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need it for a boy, age 10. All besides the last link are girly and the last link is $50. Why would I order all the way from China, even with free returns? I'd rather spend $10 more and have 90 day return in a local store.

Gap only has Ultra Max Down Parka and Max Puffer. I don't see a Max Down Puffer.

For boys, the down coat on Gap is called Kids ColdControl Ulta Max Down Parka.

And the black Ali coat was worn by boys.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 6:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
For boys, the down coat on Gap is called Kids ColdControl Ulta Max Down Parka.

And the black Ali coat was worn by boys.

With the current discount, it's $76. Still not a such an amazing price. Is it warm enough and sturdy enough to last 2-3 years? Is it definitely better than the Kids ColdControl Max Puffer?

Oh, wait, now I'm reading the review and it's buttons instead of snaps? My DS will never use that! Now I'm leaning more towards the Max Puffer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 7:26 pm
Anyone know if the Max Puffer is warm enough?

Mkay

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 8:03 pm
Just ordered from Next. I'm waiting for it to arrive and then I can tell you its warmth.

aliavi

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 10:52 pm
Gap down was great. The LLBean ones have a sleeve that you can let out so it can be worn for more than one season. They are also very good.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:07 am
OP I'm not quite sure if you're asking about adult coats or children's coats.
For myself, I ordered my first Land's End coat and I was very happy with the quality and warmth. I'm sure the quality has gone down from previous years but it was still quite serviceable at it was about $100 CAD
For the kids, when they were little they wore Gap warmest.
Now my boy wears Gusti and the girls wear OshKosh, they are very warm and excellent quality.

octopus

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With the current discount, it's $76. Still not a such an amazing price. Is it warm enough and sturdy enough to last 2-3 years? Is it definitely better than the Kids ColdControl Max Puffer?

Oh, wait, now I'm reading the review and it's buttons instead of snaps? My DS will never use that! Now I'm leaning more towards the Max Puffer.

Yes! The coats absolutely last 2-3 years in my house

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know if the Max Puffer is warm enough?

Bumping up this question.

chasdie Hashem

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:30 pm
Bh we were most of time motsliach by berlington-I order a huge variety of coats -so get free shipping & then keep 1 & go down to return the rest
Real good warm pretty coats sometimes

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:05 am
I'm happy with Land's End, I have always found something on sale that stacks with a coupon so the price is not as high, but it is worth paying more than a cheap brand. If you're going to pay $50 somewhere else anyway then you may as well get the guarantee - they are serious about refunding anything that doesn't hold up, yet most of the time their products hold up great. I have a down coat for myself and it is VERY warm but not very stylish. I like to be warm so whatever, I have a better-looking coat for when it's not super freezing. For my kids I got something that looked nice, was lightweight, and very warm - they have an extra-lightweight down. It was pricey but I was able to get 3 years out of it by buying it a little big and they have those fleece inner cuffs that make the sleeves "stretch" when it's getting small, and then it's still in good shape to pass along to someone else. I agree with above posts that down is the way to be warm no matter how hard others try.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 10:06 am
Definitely go with Lands End even if it comes out a bit more expensive. They are super warm and great quality. They last for years and always look new.
Also, their return policy is great so if you do have an issue you can easily return.

baked ziti

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 1:46 pm
I got from Next and Vertbaudet in the $50 range. Theyr'e very warm. Lined with some sort of fleece. In my previous experiences they also hold up nicely.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics