Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Ocean Gyn- Lakewood/ Toms River

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:29 am
Hi does anyone have current info on Ocean Gyn? I am BH pregnant and not happy with my current ob for various reasons. I'm looking into switching to their practice.
Also, I see they have 7 male doctors and 5 female midwives. anyone had better experiences with the midwives or doctors for their appointments?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:33 am
I am using them now. I mostly see doctors but I saw 1 or 2 midwives and they were all sweet. When I call I get connected to a widwife too and so far all the phone experiences have been good.. as far as I know you get a choice by delivery if you want a doc or widwife...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 11:12 am
Thanks for the response. What is the wait time like there? my current ob has a minimum wait time of atleast an hour each visit to see the doctor (I used this practice for last pregnancy)
also are they familiar with frum women or will I need to explain TH if necessary?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 12:52 pm
I've only been there a few times so far but have seen both doctors and midwives and I'm very happy. My impression so far is that they are very knowledgeable about TH and about our community in general. And I've had to wait around 20 minutes at my visits. Also this makes a big difference to me- I think their office staff is very friendly.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 4:20 pm
I had an IUD taken out by Dr lenes. He was knowledgeable about TH. Otherwise I was there for pregnancy visits which go fast. One time I had a long wait and eveyone is the office was in a bad mood but it seemed like a fluke ...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:15 pm
Thanks! Anyone else?

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:45 am
Hi, bumping this thread to get more info about this practice.
Which location did you use? How was your experience with the doctors and birth experience? Did anyone with high risk use this practice?
TIA

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:57 am
If you're high risk, you need to know that their affiliated hospital does not have a NICU.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:00 am
It does have a NICU, just not the highest level one.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:06 am
amother Smokey wrote:
If you're high risk, you need to know that their affiliated hospital does not have a NICU.

I believe that if it's the mother who is high risk, depending on the issue, they could potentially still deliver you. If it's the baby who is high risk, they would refer you to a practice that uses a hospital with a Level 3 NICU.

I delivered my last two there and had only good experiences. I had some gyn issues in between and Dr Repole was an amazing help. Only had midwives for delivery, they were great. Didn't usually have such a long wait in the office and everyone is nice there.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:09 am
It absolutely depends on what the risk is. But some risks for the mother are also risks for the baby - I.e. preeclampsia.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:49 am
Thank you for the responses.
It’s not that there is a current risk, but I am older.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries