Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Feeding Baby

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:42 am
I've been looking through recent threads about food for 1 year old old children and I need some more ideas that will work for me.
My 10 month old baby has no teeth yet and is allergic/intolerant to eggs, dairy, peanuts, soy. (I recently started giving cheerios but baby's been gagging and nearly choked a couple of times)
What are easy to prep-and-shlep-to-babysitter breakfast/lunch/snack foods?

cholentfan1

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 11:59 am
What sort of food have you been giving them until now?
Usually first stage is smooth foods-purees, mashed foods etc- applesauce, pureed vegetables etc-you can add rice powder/cereal etc to the puree to thicken it slightly once they've taken to it. A good idea is to puree chicken into it as well so they're getting protein. You can make a batch and freeze it in small pots so you can take out as needed.
Bananas, avocados are great for snacks as they can be mashed on the spot without any help from you. There's a special net thing for food that you can put things like apples etc which are hard into, so that you don't have to worry about them choking.
I used to add rice or mixed grain powders into the different purees so that it was more of a cereal. I would also buy special baby cereal, like a museli-it had different stages-it went from a smooth texture, to small addition of texture and the final one was much lumpier. I would add water rather than milk, and they seemed to like it.
You can just take your normal supper and blend it for them. Experiment with textures and tastes.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 12:40 pm
Soft vegetables and chicken. He can chew with his gums. Give him what you are eating, just cut it small. Put it on his tray to feed himself.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 1:05 pm
Don't be afraid to give him teething bisquits. It will help him a lot when the teeth are ready to come in. Toughen up the gums, so they won't be so sensitive when it's time for teeth to push through.

cholentfan1 has really excellent ideas. DD really loved the little mesh bags with a handle, especially if I put frozen melon in them. It was like a popsicle without all the added sugar. Again, great for when teething. You can buy the bags on Amazon, and wash them on the top shelf of your dishwasher.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:02 pm
How do you puree chicken for a baby?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 4:09 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
How do you puree chicken for a baby?

Hand blender.
O always did it with the soup veggies and some soup so I never had to add water, but if you don't then you may need to add some water..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics