Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where are my shoes?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:28 pm
I am relatively organized and do not have young children or practical jokers. But I have been unable to find my favorite weekday shoes in over a week!! I have already looked in all the obvious and semi obvious places. Now its time for the non-obvious places. What is the craziest place you've ever found a shoe?

shmosmom

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:30 pm
I always find them under my bed.
Occasionally I'll spend a morning looking for my shoes only to remember I left them outside after getting stuck in the rain.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:45 pm
I’ve left them in the car (brought another pair with me to change for a different occasion or whatever.)

In the same vein, in a shopping bag or another bag if I took them along with me to change out of my heels to walk or something like that.

Under the couch (assuming you already looked under all the beds.)

In the bathroom.

In a random room of the house where you might hardly go but did go in the last week.

Good luck! It’ll turn up when you’re not looking for it. But it’s so frustrating until it does.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

mfb

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:47 pm
If you have big children and a cleaning lady then in one of their closets

animeme

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:55 pm
Have you tried between the bed and the wall? Or between the beds? Behind the doors of bathrooms and rooms you are checking? The bottom of laundry baskets (or the middle)?

dankbar

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:23 pm
porch?
cleaning lady walked off with your heels?

dankbar

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:24 pm
with toddlers it can just about walk off anywhere?
oven, dryer etc.
Did you leave it at a wedding hall when you changed over yo your flats to walk home with

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:26 pm
Laundry is many times the culprit...has all the laundry in your house been done in the past week?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 11:48 pm
DS's shoe went missing for weeks. I turned over the entire house! Emptied closets, moved beds, I even checked the top shelves in all closets. I was ready to go out and buy him new shoes, when I found it underneath the stove! I didn't dream that the space was large enough to fit a shoe! I always assumed it's like the space under the fridge or washing machine. I had checked the space between the stove and the wall on both sides. I don't remember what actually made me look underneath it in the end, but now that's the first place I check.

dankbar

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 11:59 pm
I once couldn't find my toddler boy's shoe ( that I specifically bought for the wedding) right before going to the wedding. Turned over house, needed to borrow shoes for him. Found it couple months later, by Pesach cleaning, hidden on top of a tall dresser. Seems like his shoes got punished there. By time we found it, it was almost outgrown. It was brand new, that wasn't really worn to save for wedding. Also I wouldn't buy an expensive shabbos shoe for child that age, but only bought it beg of season because we had a wedding that winter.

sky

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 12:41 am
Toy box
Under the carriage
Pocket book
Under beds
Laundry pile
Clothing drawer
Couch cushions
Snack bag box

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 1:06 am
In the 'Return to Amazon' pile? Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:37 am
My daughter's shoe that was missing for months was in a pair of training rollerskates (where you wear your shoes with it). I guess no one used it for that long! By then, I had given in and gotten another pair of shoes Wink
I doubt that's where a pair of a mother's shoes are. If you have a toddler, all bets are off. They probably wore them somewhere.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:17 am
not here -- I checked

hope they turn up soon!

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:25 am
one way to not lose shoes is to have a basket by the door ...

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:35 am
We have a shoe rack from ikea. One of my loafers and one croc were under it. Both lefties. I found them after 3 months.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 12:34 pm
Iymnok wrote:
We have a shoe rack from ikea. One of my loafers and one croc were under it. Both lefties. I found them after 3 months.

I have the same shoe racks. I bought them for everyone on the house. All but mine are empty.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 3:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am relatively organized and do not have young children or practical jokers. But I have been unable to find my favorite weekday shoes in over a week!! I have already looked in all the obvious and semi obvious places. Now its time for the non-obvious places. What is the craziest place you've ever found a shoe?

In a bag. Did you remove your shoes anywhere or switch when it rained or your feet were hurting?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 3:31 pm
I’ve found them in the trunk of my car (went to a simcha and switched into heels but didn’t switch back into my flats and forgot about them in the trunk )
In the basket of my stroller (I changed into sneakers to go walking in the park and put my shoes in there and forgot about them)
In the waste basket (toddler threw them out)
In a shopping bag with my give away items (must have been a senior moment)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics