Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Glick's High Gluten Flour

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:14 pm
Is that the same as bread flour? My local kosher store (Arons) has it on sale and I picked up a couple of bags to try. I want to kick my bread baking up a notch and all the recipes say to use bread flour. But then at home I looked at the nutrition panel on the side, and it looks the same as Shoprite AP flour: 3g protein per 30g. Is the Glick's High Gluten flour just AP flour in a different bag?

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:18 pm
High gluten flour is bread flour, AFAIK. It makes my challah lighter and fluffier than all-purpose flour. There is a baking Ima on this site. I'm sure she can give you more info than me.

singleagain

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:23 pm
My mom uses Glicks high gluten flour for challah. Never anything else

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:34 pm
I use Bob's Red Mill and its 5g protein per 36g dry serving size. King Arthur is 4g per 30g serving size. (each serving size to be 1/4 cup - so there is a lot of deviation in this industry).

Hope you get the results you are looking for..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen