Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Dov Haller
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 3:28 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Off topic, and I hope it's ok if I ask in a public forum, but can you verify if Rachel Berger is Dina Neuman?

I'm pretty sure you're right since Dina's middle name is Rachel and her maiden name is Berger.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:22 pm
Dina Neuman is Rachel Berger, and she is also Turx. Few people know this. She is also part unicorn, and that's why she sneezes rainbows. And now you know.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:23 pm
isn't Turx the guy who is a correspondent in the white house press corps? for one of the Jewish magazines?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:27 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Dina Neuman is Rachel Berger, and she is also Turx. Few people know this. She is also part unicorn, and that's why she sneezes rainbows. And now you know.

LOL
Hi Dina! Hi

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:31 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
isn't Turx the guy who is a correspondent in the white house press corps? for one of the Jewish magazines?

Yes

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:07 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Peach, I'm not going to quote your post. I assume all your insider info is public knowledge? Apparently the Dov Haller thing is, and Rabbi Grylak himself has mentioned that. But what about the other authors?

I'll delete that part of my post. I have no idea if it's public knowledge. I mean it's public enough that I know about it. I'm not related to her or anything.

About Yair Weinstock, yes, it's public knowledge. He mentioned it. He said that when they wanted to translate his books to English he gave them permission to use his real name because he doesn't know anyone who reads English! Very Happy

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:01 pm
Code:

I've met Turx. He is definitely male. The sneezing rainbows part was difficult to confirm, he did not sneeze during the conference.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:25 pm
Yeah... she's not Turx, for sure! I've seen Turx in real life, he's definitely male and lives in Lakewood. And that's besides for the pictures of him in the Ami almost every week...
Dina lives in EY... according to what she writes.

Since I read here that Rachel Berger is Dina Neuman, I concentrated on it and realized that indeed, it must be so. She has a very distinct style. (Like in the Aim, the comic is written by Rachel Berger and this week there's a guy saying "so, funny question..." which is something Dina Neuman says all the time.)

Also, really funny... I went into a bookstore the other day and saw Rachel Berger's new book on the shelf, so I flipped to the acknowledgements (I always read the acknowledgements...) and realized that A: she doesn't mention names - which usually means a pseudonym. B: She thanks her mother and motherinlaw but not father or fatherinlaw, and Dina has mentioned that neither she nor her husband have a living father. C: She thanks Dina Neuman for helping her through the entire time of writing the book and having the same vision of her for the ending (um, what?) D: She dedicates the book to tall girls and Dina has mentioned several times that she's tall. And last but not least E: THE STYLE! Oh my G-d, the writing style is the EXACT same.

So the question is: Dina, why would you need a pseudonym for a book you wrote? In the Ami I understand, it would look silly if your name was on too many articles, but why a book?? Wouldn't it sell better with your name on it? You have a name. People recognize your name, connect to what you write... Rachel Berger is not so famous. TBH, I didn't recognize the name when it was written here originally.

I just realized after re-reading my post that I sound a bit obsessed with Dina Neuman and also that it has slightly creepy stalk-ish undertones. I'm sorry about that... it's true, though. (anon because my family knows about this obsession I have with Dina Neuman)

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:19 pm
Dina Neuman and Rochel Berger? Sorry, don’t see it. Did you read Daddy’s Girl? Totally different style than Rochel Berger’s. Though, yes, that acknowledgement thing is a bit creepy...The mystery deepens.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:28 pm
I'm so shocked about all these revelations.

And btw, Daddy's Girl is the best book I've read in a while!!

Remind me about the story of " All Fall Down", I can't remember.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 11:01 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

And she is also the most fantabulous writer ever! I can't even!
(were you me when you wrote this procrastination piece? because I totally have THINGS that need to be done y'know...)

Einikel

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 11:38 pm
Dina Neuman interviewed Rachel Berger after the comic this is my life ended.She wrote there that she feels like she is talking to herself among other questions and comments which convinced me that this theory is indeed true. Shame I didn’t clip the article.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:14 pm
STR331 wrote:
[size=12]hi I am a big fan of dog hallers books.. I read rapport 55 and a promising past, im going to order sundays @10 but than after that theres no more novels, does anyone know of any novels that are similar to dov hallers writings? need suggestions b/c I never really liked to read and need something very intresting [/size]

Did you like all 3 of those books? I wanted to read something by Dov Haller and wanted to know what to start with.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:16 pm
Is anyone else not a huge fan of Dov/Yisroel's books?
They're cute and funny but if you've read one you've read them all.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:17 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
Did you like all 3 of those books? I wanted to read something by Dov Haller and wanted to know what to start with.

Did you specifically want a novel? He has an anthology of short stories called Captive Audience that I highly recommend.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:30 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Did you specifically want a novel? He has an anthology of short stories called Captive Audience that I highly recommend.

I take any recommendations Smile

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:52 pm
I knew about Yisroel Besser, because my neighbor is a relative, but I didn't know about Dina Neuman or R' Moshe Grylak. Fascinating!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 8:15 pm
Oops. Mistake post.

Last edited by Hashem_Yaazor on Wed, Feb 02 2022, 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 8:16 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Captive Audience is short stories but oh so good.

Oh I was on this thread already 😂

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 8:17 pm
Yes, Dov Haller is Yisroel Besser.

I didn't know that Rabbi Grylack is Yair Weinstock!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room