Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Good place to buy bra in Jerusalem area?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:37 am
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a place where I can go to get a good bra fitted and preferably made into a nursing bra? After pregnancy and nursing (still nursing) I think my old bras are not fitting as well. I did go to Nordstrom in the US a few months ago and they sold me something that doesn't fit so well--I think I am a not common size (28 or 30) and they just didn't have that in a nursing bra. They sold me a 32-something instead and it just doesn't seem right.
Living in Jerusalem area now and would really like to improve my bra situation.
Any recommendations?
Thanks!

TBT

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:39 am
Saposh in har nof is great and will fit you
They sell great brands

grace413

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:41 am
https://www.salonmary.co.il/portfolio

Saposh סייפוש
Agasi 8 אגסי
651-2647
Sunday-Wednesday 10:00-13:00,16:00-19:00 א-ד
Thursday 10:00-13:00 ה

I don't have personal experience but I've heard people recommend both of these places.

heidi

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:46 am
Saposh
They'll fit you with a great bra and convert it to a nursing bra while you wait.
All English speaking staff.
Sooooo nice

amother
Black

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:47 am
I've had success at Sensations on Rechov Eli and La Madame on Rechov Petach Tikvah.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:18 am
I agree that Saposh is very good, but be warned they can also be expensive. But on the other hand, you are paying for the excellent service as well as good quality products.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 1:43 pm
Elfrida wrote:
I agree that Saposh is very good, but be warned they can also be expensive. But on the other hand, you are paying for the excellent service as well as good quality products.

What kind of price (ballpark) would a bra be there, any idea of the range? Thanks!

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 1:46 pm
I loved mine from Hamashbir on Yaffo. About 80$

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 2:46 am
thank you all!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:13 am
What is address for saposh in har nof?

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:29 am
grace413 wrote:

Saposh סייפוש
Agasi 8 אגסי
651-2647
Sunday-Wednesday 10:00-13:00,16:00-19:00 א-ד
Thursday 10:00-13:00 ה

chanchy123

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:38 am
You might also want to try Hanaka Tova at Knayon Hadar for a nursing bra. I know people have been successful there. I did not find a brat that fit me there (what a shame, at the time I would have gotten almost full compensation from my kupa) and the lady at the counter was not super knowledgeable at fitting bras, but she was very nice. However, the owner is supposed to be great at fitting you with a good bra.

Rappel

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:05 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
What kind of price (ballpark) would a bra be there, any idea of the range? Thanks!

250ish, which is normal for a good quality bra.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 7:21 am
Thanks everyone. It took me a while to realise that 8 Agassi St. IS in Har Nof. Made my way there and was really happy with my experience (extremely quick and pleasant) and mostly with the result--a much, much better bra than I have had in years! (All the nursing bras I have ever had, which means most of the bras I have had since my first child was born nearly x years ago, were bought in Nordstrom or online with many false tries and returns...)

Price was also better than my most recent Nordstrom flop... Counting the 20 shekel conversion to nursing bra: 165 shekel... And the conversion was done seemingly in seconds while I stood there.

grace413

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 8:26 am
Rappel wrote:
250ish, which is normal for a good quality bra.

Ouch! I need a very large size and have always bought in the States and never paid that much.

The sacrifices we make to live here.....

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:07 am
My friend and my sister worked in saposh doing alterations. They size and convert well there, but their prices are high.

Rappel

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:09 am
grace413 wrote:
Ouch! I need a very large size and have always bought in the States and never paid that much.

The sacrifices we make to live here.....

Really? I remember good quality bras in the States being 40-70 dollars. It translates to roughly the same

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:12 am
There is a fairly new bra called Abergyle (I think its spelled like that) its a AMAZING minimizer bra for bigger ppl(like me!!) I love it, it makes me feel and look so small!!! Its already in lots of stores in America(not all yet) I got abit involved and am working on getting it to more stores, going to soon start selling it in Eretz Yisroel as well.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:20 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
There is a fairly new bra called Abergyle (I think its spelled like that) its a AMAZING minimizer bra for bigger ppl(like me!!) I love it, it makes me feel and look so small!!! Its already in lots of stores in America(not all yet) I got abit involved and am working on getting it to more stores, going to soon start selling it in Eretz Yisroel as well.

It doesn't work for everybody and also shows through fitted clothes / dresses. It's a great bra to have in the drawer but won't work with one's entire wardrobe, especially those knitted tops they sell today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions