Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What should I do - IRS

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 8:43 am
I sent a money order to IRS yesterday and just after putting the envelope in the mail box realized that I didn't write on the money order to whom it's payable. What do I do now? Crying

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:01 am
call them or your tax preparer first if you have one and/or your bank -- you may need to cancel the check -- not sure about money order talk to your bank

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:07 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
call them or your tax preparer first if you have one and/or your bank -- you may need to cancel the check -- not sure about money order talk to your bank

Bought the money order from Western Union via debit card. I guess I want to know if it's legal for them to fill in IRS in the money order. I sent it to their address together with a paper they sent me. It's obviously for them but doesn't have the pay to info

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:13 am
Don't worry about it. Either they will fill in the pay to info on their own or they will send it back to you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:01 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Don't worry about it. Either they will fill in the pay to info on their own or they will send it back to you.

Thank you!
Should I call them to let them know before it comes??

Optione

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:36 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

This. I'd expect them to send it back but I'd also expect it to take a few weeks, so hold tight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics