Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Converting onion kugel to kugelettes - anyone tried it?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:45 am
I would use the classic recipe with 5 onions, no sauteing, etc. Has anyone made kugelettes/muffins out of this recipe and if so, how many did you get? TIA!

(Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any immediate reactions.)

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:59 am
FTR, I used a quarter cup scoop, kind of heaping, and got 20 kugelettes, which was more than I thought. We'll see how they come out. I'll be checking at 18-20 minutes be"H.

ETA: Timer just went off.
They need more time.
And despite the baking powder they didn't puff up. If anyone else wants to try this, I recommend not overstuffing the cupcake holder but you probably could get more like 16 out of this.

ETA #2: Actually, 20's not bad, they are filling out the cupcake holder. Maybe 18, not 16.

cholentfan1

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:01 pm
Did they come out nice?
I'm looking for something different for yom tov and those sound good-what is the exact recipe?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:23 pm
I think they were ok. More than ok. Look up onion kugel on Imamother. It's the recipe with 5 onions, sliced, 5 eggs, flour, etc.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:28 pm
I’m hungry now.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:29 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I would use the classic recipe with 5 onions, no sauteing, etc. Has anyone made kugelettes/muffins out of this recipe and if so, how many did you get? TIA!

(Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any immediate reactions.)

I've done it. Use the individual mini pans, not muffin tins since those come out too small to plate nicely.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I've done it. Use the individual mini pans, not muffin tins since those come out too small to plate nicely.

Sounds cool, though I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe those are flatter and would be nice with say, warm liver or corned beef, etc. over as an entree? I was thinking of putting on a platter with other kugel.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:50 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Sounds cool, though I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe those are flatter and would be nice with say, warm liver or corned beef, etc. over as an entree? I was thinking of putting on a platter with other kugel.

Flat 5 inch round pans (like Dr B's)

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:14 am
ra_mom wrote:
Flat 5 inch round pans (like Dr B's)

Perfect for the entree idea. (Not mine.)
What are Dr B's?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes