Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What weird things have you done with mom brain?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Flip Flops

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 9:13 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
After a REALLY HARD Friday afternoon, I finally got the kids into bed and sat down on the couch to rest. DH walks in from shul and asks me why I didn't bentch licht. I had no idea what he was talking about, I was that positive that I did bentch licht. Except that when I went to check, the candles really weren't lit.

B"H we had made early Shabbos and so I was still able to light candles.

Oh My Gosh!!!!!

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 9:25 pm
Tonight, I was slicing a London broil, and my husband was in arms reach. I held out a small piece in front of his mouth and in a song-song voice said "Baruch atah" waiting for him to finish the bracha, to feed it to him. He said "it's ok, I can wait for dinner."

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 4:46 am
I love this thread! It's like group therapy...

I once was searching for my cleaning detergent bottle, and finally found it in the fridge on the drink shelf.

Last week I took a bite of challah and bit my own finger.

You know how you mix up your kids' names? Well, I recently referred to myself as Tatty...

There are many many others, but thankfully mom brain helps me forget most of them...

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:43 pm
oh em gee wrote:
Made a tricolor sorbet dessert with the kids over the week,so spread it out by doing each layer a diff day.

Sunday: made red layer then froze it
Monday:according to directions had to reblend layer one and refreeze again
Tuesday:made 2nd layer the green layer and froze
Wednesday: reblend layer 2 and refreeze on top of red layer
Thursday: made yellow layer froze it reblend and put it on top of green layer andd....
Left it on counter and went to sleep..

Oh Em Gee is right! LOL

tothepoint

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:30 pm
I poured my baby a milk bottle and it clumsily fell to the floor. Quickly ran to grab a towel and took the still half filled bottle and mindlessly poured it over the mess. Really now? What must I have been thinking at that moment?? “ If I’m already cleaning this mess, let me do it ALL the way!”

abcde2

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:43 pm
tothepoint wrote:
I poured my baby a milk bottle and it clumsily fell to the floor. Quickly ran to grab a towel and took the still half filled bottle and mindlessly poured it over the mess. Really now? What must I have been thinking at that moment?? “ If I’m already cleaning this mess, let me do it ALL the way!”

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:51 pm
After pouring orange juice into a bottle today I screwed the nipple the juice bottle and the cover on the baby bottle... 🙈

coffee girl

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 11:06 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
I once poured coffee into the milk.

I once prepared coffee and sugar in the mug and poured milk on it, completely skipping the hot water step - you bet I needed a double ☕

tsc3

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 2:47 am
tothepoint wrote:

Oh my gosh! I have tears streaming down my face from laughter!
Thank you for that!!
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

thegiver

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 3:07 am
Fed solids to the toothless baby and mashed food to the toddler. Luckily remembered before baby swallowed. She just looked at me like “what is this??”

thegiver

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 3:09 am
Looked in the fridge for my phone

lev2luv

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:46 am
Took out a plastic spoon and plastic cup for cereal when I meant to take a spoon and bowl

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:30 am
I noticed we were out of garbage bags. I went to the store to buy more and decided to stock up on all the dairy products that we seem to run out of on a daily basis. I came home, put all the cheeses, yogurts, and vegetables away, and looked at my empty garbage can. I actually checked the cabinet again for garbage bags before remembering that that's why I went to the store; I just never actually bought them.

tothepoint

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:35 am
SuperWify wrote:
After pouring orange juice into a bottle today I screwed the nipple the juice bottle and the cover on the baby bottle... 🙈

Is there a different way to do it?

Does anyone else out there do this every. single. time?

rosezee

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 1:41 pm
penguin wrote:
Making breakfast. Took the bread out of freezer & put in toaster. Took out frying pan & began to heat. Took eggs out of fridge. Took out a mug & put a tea bag in and then opened the freezer (well, it is near the urn, but I can't imagine what my thought process must have been.)

(But why is this not in an anonymous-enabled forum? Because then I could tell you some real doozies...)

Not in anonymous enabled forum because it prevents bonding, and this thread is great for that.

rosezee

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 1:43 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Well, this morning I drove my kids to the wrong school. Can't Believe It

Laughed out loud at this one!!! Hahahah oh my.

thegiver

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 3:50 am
Intended to buy 2 different brands of toilet paper. Came home to discover 2 of the same packages

tothepoint

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:04 pm
Reviving this old thread to add my recent absent-minded story

I was bathing my newborn baby in the kitchen sink. I was calmly washing him with soap while talking to my husband...At some point I realized that I was basically using palm olive soap which was conveniently sitting next to the sink Can't Believe It

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:24 pm
I had already twice that I wanted to open my combination lock of the front door and came up completely blank! Had to call my husband to ask what our number is. And no, it wasn’t a new lock. Was rather scary than funny!

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:28 pm
tothepoint wrote:
Reviving this old thread to add my recent absent-minded story

I was bathing my newborn baby in the kitchen sink. I was calmly washing him with soap while talking to my husband...At some point I realized that I was basically using palm olive soap which was conveniently sitting next to the sink Can't Believe It

This thread is hilarious. Thanks for reviving.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics