Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Chicken Pox

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 7:43 am
This is not a debate about vaccines!
All of my kids are vaccinated fully.
Please focus on my request only. Thanks for reading!

For health reasons, my 6 year old daughter can not get some vacccines.
The Varicella vaccine among them.

I really wish she could catch chicken pox naturally before she gets older..

If you know anyone with chicken pox in NJ or NY please help me and my daughter by letting me know through email [Email removed]

Whenever you read this, even in 2 years from when it was posted, she still may not have gotten it... please send me an email if you know of someone who's willing to 'share' their chicken pox! Very Happy

Chicken pox is mainly catchy at the onset of the disease, so I would need to take my daughter to catch it as soon as the chicken pox shows up.
Please have us in mind!

Tizku L'mitzvot!

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 7:48 am
Just so you know, one can get chicken pox more than once and even as a teen or young adult, it's actually pretty common. So if she gets chicken pox now, it doesn't mean that she's over with it.
She also might not get chicken pox at all.
I think you should let nature run it's course. I don't get why you would davka expose her to chicken pox. To look for strangers with chicken pox so you can take your child to catch it, is just weird and souds wrong.

keym

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 7:59 am
It might be easier to find someone with shingles. I believe they're contagious from touch, but ask your doctor.
I think that's how my sister and her whole house caught it.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 8:03 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Just so you know, one can get chicken pox more than once and even as a teen or young adult, it's actually pretty common. So if she gets chicken pox now, it doesn't mean that she's over with it.
She also might not get chicken pox at all.
I think you should let nature run it's course. I don't get why you would davka expose her to chicken pox. To look for strangers with chicken pox so you can take your child to catch it, is just weird and souds wrong.

I thought one can only get chicken pox twice if the first time was in infancy. Maybe if the first is a mild case?
OP, I do get you. When my kids were little, the cw about the chicken pox vaccine was to wait till 10 and if they didn't catch it by then, give the shot because chicken pox is more difficult the older you get. And now, however many years later, there aren't the opportunities to catch it.
What are your doctors advising?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:45 am
My dd got quicken pox from my dh that had shingles. So if you know someone with shingles...

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:46 am
My dd got quicken pox from my dh that had shingles. So if you know someone with shingles...

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:47 am
All my kids got chicken pox, one got it as a very small baby and the dr told me he is therefore not immune since he was under 1.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:05 am
We don't vax a reg kid for it but I'd not expose on purpose unless it's near puberty

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:13 am
My kids had it when they were under a year. Does that mean that they're not immune?
(I didn't expose them on purpose!)

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:34 am
Oy good luck OP! I've been looking out for chicken pox as well, it's very hard to find wild cases. I suggest you check in with local holistic moms groups, local homeschoolers, etc. Or like others have mentioned, you can try for exposure via shingles.
I'm looking in Pittsburgh or Cleveland if anyone knows of any cases....

angelgirl

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:21 am
Here in the UK we don’t get a vaccine for chicken pox. It starts going round early spring time usually. And even then some kids still don’t catch it till older.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:27 am
I've edited the OP to remove the email address.

This is not the place to discuss where one can infect their kids with illness. Please find another site to do so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics