Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Netflix filter adult level filter

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:06 pm
Is there a way to filter Netflex on an adult level for a different user?

I'm very not computer savvy and would never have Netflex to begin with but I'm dealing with a very challenging daughter who threatened that either I allow her to buy a Netflex subscription or she will buy it anyhow without my permission. She agreed that if I allow her to buy it I can filter it but she "needs" adult level. Based on what I can tell she needs a password to access adult level and if she has it she can easily override any filter.

Is there any way I can set her up as a separate user or block her from deleting history etc?

Thank you

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:09 pm
There's a way to give her a separate user and she won't be able to change the user profile unless she has the password.
What are you going to block her from? It goes by rating level. So if she wants access to R rating, which rating would you block?
Would she agree to PG13 rating levels? That would work and you can block her from R rating.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:10 pm
Are you asking about a filter within Netflix? There are only kid accounts and adult accounts as far as I know. Adult accounts get access to everything.

I know you’re not asking for parenting advice, but I hate that you’re feeling bullied into this by your child. Very disturbing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)