Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
High school friends
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:13 pm
Just curious how many high school friends do you keep in touch with regularly and about how long ago did you graduate?

10 years ago about 3

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:16 pm
19 years ago: 0. I am friends with a few on FB, though. And I recently became long distance friends with my high school boyfriends wife!

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:25 pm
29 yrs. Regularly (or fairly regularly): 2 from my grade (1 as a friend, 1 more for practical reasons). 1 from a younger grade. 1 from an older grade (but she’s my SIL, so I’m not sure it counts). A few others (various grades) occasionally.
I went to a small OOT school. I don’t have Facebook or I’m sure the number would be higher.

Anon because anyone who knows me irl would put the pieces together.

sequoia

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:26 pm
None.

I’m friends with about half my grade on fb, but haven’t seen any of them in real life since graduating high school in 2002.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:38 pm
29 years ago: 2

tryinghard

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:49 pm
13 years ago. 1 fairly regularly, 2 others here and there. Seminary friends, on the other hand, about 8.

chmom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 4:55 pm
None, graduated 32 years ago

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:18 pm
20 years ago. 1 by complete coincidence- she moved in down the block. We don't live where we grew up. Unfortunately, I have seen a few semi-frequently the last few years at shiva calls for people in our class who have lost parents. 1 from college on purpose and multiple others by coincidence.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:22 pm
20+ years.
I don't keep up with any of them nor do I have any interest in reconnecting with any of them, though I do occassionally go to their childrens' weddings to wish them mazel tov.
One of my classmates is my cousin so I do speak to her from time to time.

rzab

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:23 pm
I graduated 16 years ago and I'm not in touch with anyone I went to school with. I am in touch with a bunch of friends that I went to camp with during high school

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:29 pm
6 years ago. I'm close friends with one of my classmates, casual friends with 2 others and occasionally check in on WhatsApp with 2-3 more. When I bump into someone from another grade I'll stop to chat for a min or two

pizza4

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:38 pm
Just 3 because they live near me so see them every day! If I meet up randomly with a classmate or grade mate I'm happy to schmooze for a few minutes but don't really keep up with hs friends...
8 years

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:41 pm
12 years ago, 0

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:44 pm
10 years ago, 5 very regularly, 1 occasionally. Solely due to whatsapp chats, otherwise we wouldve lost touch

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:48 pm
Graduated 20 years ago.
1- we married cousins so we'll talk or text occasionally for a simcha.
Another 2 came back in my lives a year or two ago- kid joined my kids class, so pta and stuff.
One more, we send invitations and mazel tov calls. Our mothers are close friends so we hear about each other's lives.

Rappel

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:53 pm
8 years, 1 friend

But she was my only friend in my grade in high school, so it's not a reduced ratio Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:56 pm
28 years, none. I didn't have a lot of friends, and as soon as we graduated everyone went separate ways. Maybe if we had Facebook back then, things would have been different.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:05 pm
18 years (OMG, I can't believe it's been so long!)

1 - I speak to every day (my best friend since 9th grade)
1 - I whatsapp every day and speak to often
3 - I whatsapp here and there
1 - I speak to about 1-2 times a year

I moved to Israel but whenever I happen to bump into someone from high school, I'll stop and schmooze with them.

I also have 3 seminary friends and 1 camp friend that I keep up with regularly.

The friends who I keep up all have some old friends of mine that they speak to regularly so keep me posted and send regards and news back and forth.

twogees

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:06 pm
7 yrs ago. None

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:07 pm
27 years ago. 3 on a monthly basis. 6 for simchas. Always happy to share in a simcha!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics