Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
High school friends
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:08 pm
I graduated almost 40 years ago.

Apart from being in touch in social media, I'm still pretty close with 2 people. I also went to elementary school with them.

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:29 pm
25 years.

I meet many of them by the vorts & weddings of their children. About 50% of my grade show up, so get to see them.

Some really helped me, when we were in a time of need like suppers etc.

Some I keep up regularly by phone.

Most of them live in my community so we can bump into each others on street.

We have a class chat group that updates us on news of our classmates like births of their children or grandchildren. Shidduchim of their children. Shiva calls chas vsholom. Just invitations to a tzedaka party if they are a hostess. Any time there is someone in our class who needs help, money, tehillim etc to make arrangements. We try to keep together & sometimes plan get togethers, outings etc.

Rixter

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:29 pm
I graduated 5 years ago. I keep up with around 5 on a pretty constant basis and another 5 often enough to know if anything major is going on. I also keep in touch with seminary and camp friends, and now added one college friend and some coworkers so its busy! BH!

simba

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:34 pm
16 years ago. I am close friends with 1 but that means we speak once every few weeks. Touch base when we have time. We are friends from 6th grade and feel very close to each other so we don’t need to talk often in order to be close. There is something about childhood friends.

I randomly touch base with a few others 3 or 4.
We have a class watsapp group that is pin drop silent.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:35 pm
6 years ago.
None.
I was bullied in elementary school and developed trust issues. I couldn't make/keep any friends in high school.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:47 pm
Graduated in ‘82 - u do the math 🙈
About 6 of us meet for lunch every few months. And we have a class chat & keep up that way.
Nothing like old friends!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 1:04 am
15 years. I speak to one friend almost on a daily basis. But it's all her doing. I'm terrible at looking up with friends. She lives overseas, but calls all the time and we shmooze. I also keep in touch through a WhatsApp group with a few other high school friends, but only because the friend who calls me every day set up the group. I only have a social life because of her. I love her.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:04 am
25 years. 3 pretty regularly, mostly through whatsapp, 2 more sporadically, and a few more here and there, but I feel like we're all still good friends. When I visit, I try to get together with whoever I can, even if I haven't spoken to them in years. My new friends, that's another story....My oldies are still my besties.
Thanks for this thread, for some reason it's making me feel all nice.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:11 am
18 years:0

but the others keep up via fb and yahoogroup, yearly meetings etc.

meetinga are always on shabbos

I was very integrated had many friends back then but today kinda dont belong there anymore.
its ok we went seperate paths Smile now im close with other ppl, , but I would join a meeting for sure if it wouldnt be on a sat Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:18 am
23 years ago. one or two every year or so. Nothing day to day.

salt

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:26 am
I am in touch with childhood friends but not those from my high school.

ETA - graduated 27 yrs ago.
The childhood friends that I am in touch with are 1. elemtary school friends 2. shul friends 3. Israel seminary friends - I had nothing much in common with my high school friends.

Last edited by salt on Wed, Sep 11 2019, 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total

chanchy123

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 4:00 am
I graduated 21 years ago.
I keep in touch with two friends (not so much from school but from my neighborhood growing up, they went to the same school as I did, but one is a year younger than me.
I am FB friends with a bunch of women from my class (but very rarely on an individual or personal level), and we have a class Whatsapp group - but it's not really active.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 4:14 am
I graduated about 25 years ago. Surprised

We have a whatsapp group of my high school classmates (we also were in kindergarten and elementary school together as well) When I travel to NY or London I meet up with some of them. Occasionally we have get togethers.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 8:05 am
Ha, like 0 - but I have vague contact on fb with one from primary and a couple from middle.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 12:37 pm
I graduated in 1990. I went to two high schools. I am friends with two from the first high school. We don't really talk especially since we're long distance, but whenever I'm in town we try to see each other. From elementary, two. We mostly stayed friends because our mothers were friends, but we do like each other. Smile

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 12:41 pm
My dad is in his late 80s.

Until recently, he was having bi-monthly breakfasts with a group of men he went to high school with. One of his closest friends (a"h) was a friend from elementary school.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 12:53 pm
Graduated 8 years ago.
One is related to me, so I see her often enough.
One lives nearby so I see her sometimes too.
Neither of those classmates were my friends in high school.

I don't keep up with any of my close friends from high school... though my class does have a chat... I don't consider that keeping up, really. It's just for mazel tovs and such.

I do have a couple of friends from seminary that I still speak with on a weekly/monthly basis.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 2:58 pm
19 years ago - 2 on a regular basis via the phone. I don't see them in person as much since I live in a different state.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 4:07 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
My dad is in his late 80s.

Until recently, he was having bi-monthly breakfasts with a group of men he went to high school with. One of his closest friends (a"h) was a friend from elementary school.

My mother is in her 60s, her best friend today, who lives two doors down from my parents has been best friends with her since fourth grade. My parents' next door neighbor is good friends with my mother since high school. A majority of my mother's social circle today is made up of her classmates.
The real crazy thing is that my mother and all her friends grew up in the US and went to school in the U.S. yet they have been living in Israel for the past 35-45 years. Mostly in the same neighborhood.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 4:16 pm
So excited!!!
My best friend from elementary school is coming in tomorrow and I am taking the day off to spend with her.

Re High School. I only speak to 2 of them and it is only 2-4x per year.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics