Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Not feeling well

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:11 pm
I would like to know if anyone has the same issue with what I'm dealing.

I've been badly sick for the last 4 days which this took out so much strength. Sleepless nights ...

I have a 4 year old and he doesnt have any company besides me. On my block their is no one his age whatsoever! Many families live here , nice area but no company for my youngest child! only girls, The girls used to be friends with him untill somehow they started to get bored of him.
in this case the way I feel I just need to pull myself into bed. Question what am I doing with my 4 year old,
I always experience this issue that I dont have where to leave him in any case. I never get offers from anyone besides my sister which I dont feel I can always use only her. No family other then that. No one I really feel close to, so if I'm in a situation like sick, ect. No help no one to be there to offer my son . How would u reach out to ppl ? I always feel embarrassed to ask because I dont feel I have a close connection to anyone or its either others dont have his age. Sucks!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:15 pm
Welcome to the last 14 years of my life. Being a chronically ill mom is it's own kind of hell.

Are you a single mom? Are there any Facebook groups in your area that can help connect you with people who can help out?

There's a group in my city called "How Can I Help You Today?", and people post what they need. Other people offer to fix things, run errands, give references, answer questions, etc. It's all free of charge, no one is allowed to ask for pay, or give payment.

If there is something like that near you, please take advantage of it!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:20 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Welcome to the last 14 years of my life. Being a chronically ill mom is it's own kind of hell.

Are you a single mom? Are there any Facebook groups in your area that can help connect you with people who can help out?

There's a group in my city called "How Can I Help You Today?", and people post what they need. Other people offer to fix things, run errands, give references, answer questions, etc. It's all free of charge, no one is allowed to ask for pay, or give payment.

If there is something like that near you, please take advantage of it!
[quote]

Wow that is something what's missing by us and can be soo beneficial.

Twinster

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:35 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Wow this is amazing!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:48 pm
yes that is beautiful but you wouldn't leave your child with a stranger .

I really feel for you.

Can you develop a network for these type of situations? hard to do it now when you feel ill but are there any jewish colleges or sems or preschools near you you could call and get a list of young women who work there part time and may be available part time if you need to call on the spot rather than on a steady schedule -- and get to know some and have them get to know your child -- like babysitters.

any drop in play groups by you?

refuah shleimah!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 8:40 pm
Times like these are what kid videos were made for. Refuah Shelaima! Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics