Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working right up until baby's arrival, with Hashem's help!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:48 pm
I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy BH and I'm really struggling with, well, a lot of things. BH symptoms are all "minor" but some of these minor aches and pains are still getting me frustrated with myself that I'm not as productive as I'm used to being, at work or at home.

My work situation is creating this recipe for my own laziness and lack of feeling industrious--it's a little slow right now and it's an effort to find something to do that adds value. It's not a task I feel like I really have ownership over and feel proud of but it's something. I feel like no one really notices or would notice my decrease in productivity because they literally don't have enough things to do for our department right now, but it doesn't feel right at the end of the day when I accomplish very little. I wonder if I should count my blessings that it's like this and it's not a big deal if I'm not as fast due to how I feel but I still get anxious about job security and doing something that makes me feel good for 8 hours every day.

I feel like I need to impose more structure on myself, maybe a goal every 20 minutes or hour, or get the ikker of some of those time management books and their philosophies. Has anyone "been there"? How do you manage your time and set goals and execute in a way that gives you a little sense of accomplishment?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 8:30 pm
I had a job like that, really slow and unfulfilling, and I switched to another company. It is more demanding but at least I feel good about what I am doing and have grown professionally since.

STMommy

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 8:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wonder if I should count my blessings that it's like this and it's not a big deal if I'm not as fast due to how I feel

Focus on this. Imagine how miserable you would be if you actually had 8 full hours worth of work to do every day and you were too achy or tired to get to it all. You would feel guilty every day, and/or taking work home every night when you should be taking it easy, and mentally getting upset at yourself or chas veshalom being resentful about your pregnancy getting in the way of managing your too-heavy workload.

agreer

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:54 pm
Agree with STMommy 100%.

Now is not the time to take on extra or go looking for it.

Sometimes work is slow. That's fine. Take a book or a tehillim along.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy BH and I'm really struggling with, well, a lot of things. BH symptoms are all "minor" but some of these minor aches and pains are still getting me frustrated with myself that I'm not as productive as I'm used to being, at work or at home.

My work situation is creating this recipe for my own laziness and lack of feeling industrious--it's a little slow right now and it's an effort to find something to do that adds value. It's not a task I feel like I really have ownership over and feel proud of but it's something. I feel like no one really notices or would notice my decrease in productivity because they literally don't have enough things to do for our department right now, but it doesn't feel right at the end of the day when I accomplish very little. I wonder if I should count my blessings that it's like this and it's not a big deal if I'm not as fast due to how I feel but I still get anxious about job security and doing something that makes me feel good for 8 hours every day.

I feel like I need to impose more structure on myself, maybe a goal every 20 minutes or hour, or get the ikker of some of those time management books and their philosophies. Has anyone "been there"? How do you manage your time and set goals and execute in a way that gives you a little sense of accomplishment?

I have a different problem at work. I have too much to do and therefore also never go home with a good feeling because it always feels like I didn't accomplish anything since theres a ton more to be done.
My husband told me to write a list with the 10 most important things for each day. And then check them off. It really works I feel good when my list is done even if there's more to do.

cholentfan1

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:25 am
Is work unhappy with your productivity? If they're fine with your pace, then just take things easy. It's hard enough at the end of pregnancy without being too pressured.
My last pregnancy was the first time I wasn't doing a desk job at the end of my pregnancy, and it was sooo hard. I was on my feet a lot, it was a really demanding job-I was constantly exhausted and really struggling to cope. I think my recovery after birth was harder because I was so run-down even before the baby was born.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:32 am
following...
I could have written this post...
I am feeling so bored and unproductive at work which leads me to be feel beyond exhausted and cranky after a long day at the office.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics