Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
When do you get up
Previous  1  2

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:40 pm
My kids wake up at 6, even if they’re in bed late. Earlier then 6 for me feels like the middle of the night, I’m a real night owl. Wish I could be up b4 my kids...

Also my baby often sleeps in my bed during the early morning hours, & whenever I get up, baby often does too, but is cranky if up too early...

lucky14

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:48 pm
I get up around the same time as them. Once in a while a bit earlier but not usually. I try to have everything ready the night before- I like it better that way than rushing in the morning.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:20 pm
I get up around 7:45. Usually cuz I hear the kids getting up. They have to be outside by 8:15. It works fine. Clothes are ready backpacks packed and bowls/cereal out on table so it's smooth going.

Optione

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:44 pm
"Officially" my kids wake up at 7, so I like to be up by 6:20. In reality, we all wake up around 6:30...

My4Jewels

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 4:11 pm
I wake up between 5:00/5:30 my kids are older but need to be up at 7. I am a morning person and get lots done during this super quiet time. I usually go to sleep around 10:30/11.. it if I need to stay up later I do also. Late night is just not my prime time

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 6:51 pm
I get up at 5 when my toddler wakes me and then an exhausted all day.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 10:05 pm
I wake up at 3:45am and my kids between 7:15-7:45.
Mornings is my ME time

Rappel

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 10:12 pm
Literally my debate right now. It's 5 am, DS just woke me up for water, and I'm like "but if I don't go back to sleep, them maybe I'll be running ahead of the curve today"

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 10:13 pm
I would never dream to wake up before my kids. They wake up over 2 hours before they have to leave. Sometimes theyll keep each other company and ill sleep an extra half hr... even then were like playing magna tiles before we have to leave ....

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 2:02 am
We are not morning people at all. I don't know if it's ingrained or if I somehow inadvertently trained my kids to go back to sleep when they woke up as babies at 5 or 6 something and I nursed them and put them right back to bed because that's still the middle of the night as far as I am concerned. Waking up before 7 just seems uncivilized.

DH's alarm goes off at 7. Oldest children have alarms set for 7 too. Either DH or I check on them to make sure they're awake if we don't hear movement. Clothing and lunch/snacks are prepared ahead. Backpacks and shoes are always by the front door. No one in my house is hungry for breakfast so soon after waking up so they pack something to eat on the bus. First shift leaves around 7:45 AM. I try to get up and wash up and make beds and get dressed while the older kids are getting ready since they're fairly independent. Once they're gone I have to wake the younger kids and help them get ready for school, which is much more hands on. When they leave around 8:30 AM I get the baby out of the crib and we have breakfast together when it's much more peaceful in the house.

Some nights I'm up late and getting up at 7 the next morning is really hard. Some nights I crash really early and then get up in a panic in the middle of the night because I didn't get things done like make lunches or do laundry so I get up to do so and then I go back to sleep. Sometimes I crash and sleep until 6 AM and then get up in a panic to get things done but by the time I'm done it's too late to go back to bed.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:57 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
We are not morning people at all. I don't know if it's ingrained or if I somehow inadvertently trained my kids to go back to sleep when they woke up as babies at 5 or 6 something and I nursed them and put them right back to bed because that's still the middle of the night as far as I am concerned. Waking up before 7 just seems uncivilized.

DH's alarm goes off at 7. Oldest children have alarms set for 7 too. Either DH or I check on them to make sure they're awake if we don't hear movement. Clothing and lunch/snacks are prepared ahead. Backpacks and shoes are always by the front door. No one in my house is hungry for breakfast so soon after waking up so they pack something to eat on the bus. First shift leaves around 7:45 AM. I try to get up and wash up and make beds and get dressed while the older kids are getting ready since they're fairly independent. Once they're gone I have to wake the younger kids and help them get ready for school, which is much more hands on. When they leave around 8:30 AM I get the baby out of the crib and we have breakfast together when it's much more peaceful in the house.

Some nights I'm up late and getting up at 7 the next morning is really hard. Some nights I crash really early and then get up in a panic in the middle of the night because I didn't get things done like make lunches or do laundry so I get up to do so and then I go back to sleep. Sometimes I crash and sleep until 6 AM and then get up in a panic to get things done but by the time I'm done it's too late to go back to bed.

This is me, exactly.

DH has to leave before 7 to go to work, but to me getting up before 7:00 is literally like waking up in the dead of the night. And if I wake up so early I'm exhausted the rest of the day.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:06 pm
I wake up at 6:30 to get my son to the bus stop at 6:55. The next two get picked up at 7:50

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 12:16 am
I'm amazed how early you people are up and about...my son wakes me up 730 to tell me good morning and go back for a 15min nap! I wake up 745 wake kids they leave 815 so 745 wake up is ok since they all get dresses alone..I prepare everything a night before (clothing, sandwich, recess, back pack, notes etc.)

I go sleep about 11 latest by 12..waking up before 7 is murder for me.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 8:09 am
After generally except kids who need me like a baby.
For school, before because they need to be woken up
They get up 7h30, much later in the vacations
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics