Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Burping all the gas bubbles out

thegiver

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 2:20 am
How do you know when baby is done burping? My baby wakes up in the middle of the night shrieking in agony bec I didn’t burp him enough during the day. He does let out at least one after each feeding but I don’t think it is enough. How do I know when to stop burping??

thegiver

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 2:32 am
Does pressing hard on the tummy work?

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:47 am
Thee best burping method I know. I call it the genie method, both because of the position, and because it works like magic.

Hold your baby upright, his back to your belly, and use your forearm to apply firm (not painful) pressure to his abdomen.

With your other hand, hold his feet so the soles are together, and bring them up to his crotch, so he looks like he's sitting butterfly style, or like a genie, in the air. Again, his knees are bent, and his heels are touching his crotch, with his soles together.

Now bounce him up and down by bending your knees and straightening sharply. In under a minute, he should start belching and farting like crazy. Continue for several minutes, or until he falls asleep. If he doesn't sleep, then after those minutes you should feed him again, and burp him again, until he's topped up. When he's full and gas free, then he'll drop off to sleep on his own.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 8:17 am
I burp my babies once after each feeding. Sometimes he needs to burp during a feeding as well.

trixx

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:11 am
Baby should be relaxed after burping and not kicking legs at all or grimacing (can look like a smile when they're too young tj smile) try burping after each side so that's twice per feed. Also I usually leave them upright after a feed for a little bit like in a seat just in case there's something else that needs to come out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics