Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
NEED great ideas to send to DS in EY -ailing mom

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:05 pm
My health is poor. DS is rightly worried about me. I can't travel and am having an upcoming operation which is dangerous. Please please please tell me what I can send to him. I have someone going who can bring anything.

Anything meaningful or fun. I want him to know I made an effort.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:17 pm
write him a card and send him...yeshiva boys love salamis. or beef jerky. anything he likes. ime they love food. or a card with cash letting him know you want him to spend it on whatever he wants/needs you are always thinking of him and looking out for him. ime they are always short of cash and you want him to feel free to treat himself to something -- plus if you are not feeling up to getting something this is easy and still meaningful.
its great someone will take for you, there are also online delivery places for bakery goods, foods, sushi...you know him best.
you can ask him if theres anything he needs...sometmies even the boys want certain clothing or toiletries or sefer or spices or soft scarf for winter, gloves...

refuah shleimah!

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:21 pm
Send him a care package. Something that will make him feel special. Favorite Cake from your local bakery, favorite snack, family picture.....

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 5:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My health is poor. DS is rightly worried about me. I can't travel and am having an upcoming operation which is dangerous. Please please please tell me what I can send to him. I have someone going who can bring anything.

Anything meaningful or fun. I want him to know I made an effort.

A means to communicate with you, be that an ipad, a phone or a laptop.

Even if his yeshiva doesn't usually allow it, it may make an exception in this case.

Refuah shleima. Hoping the operation is a complete success, and that your health improves.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 4:53 am
Send a card with heartfelt words. When I was in seminary (and communication was mainly through letters) my high school teacher said that relationships between parents and seminary girls often change in a positive way since you can write certain things that you wouldn't necessarily say.
Refua sheleima.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics