Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I got Netflix - now what?
Previous  1  2

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:16 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
IZombie
No Good Nick
Young and Hungry
Fuller House
Alexa and Katie
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Anne with an "E"
Supergirl
Dynasty
Greenhouse Academy
Lemony Snickets A Series of Unfortunate Events
Glee
Insatiable
Instant Hotel
Selling Sunset
Storage Wars
Charmed
The Final Table
The A List
Gossip Girl
Good Girls
The IT Crowd

There are tons of cooking competitions/shows and house renovations/competition type shows but it would depend on what you like. One of the show I watched was Skin Wars which was fascinating but that may be too much for you (artists painting on mostly nude models). You can just start watching some of the shows and netflix will then suggest things to you based on what you watched so that is another way for you to find out whats on netflix.

Ohmygod I love Skin Wars so much.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:35 am
urban gypsy wrote:
OP all the show titles people are listening are exactly what you saw when you scrolled through your Netflix homepage

Unless you tell us what your taste is this thread won’t be of much use to you

You are being very kind. I was ill yesterday. Netflix is supposed to be my distraction. I could use about 2 hrs a day of distraction, so I can do mindless therapy. A big part of my problem is that I am not a TV watcher in general.

Other than Law and Order, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, House, 2 1/2 Men, Two Broke Girls, Friends, Steinfeld, Mike and Molly, I haven't watched TV in years. If those shows aren't on, I don't know what is interesting. I used to watch Late Night Comedy, but I like raw balanced comedy better, nothing PC.

I like funny comedy and period romances. I like the Chicgo franchise because it crosses back and forth and builds on the characters.

I am open to new quality shows or movies. I liked the movies about Queen and Elton John I saw recently.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:40 am
If you like friends, you may enjoy how I met your mother.

Greys anatomy is an excellent medical drama.

Period stuff - Downton Abbey, the crown, Call the midwife.

(I don't live in the USA so don't know what stuff is on netflix there. It differs in each country. Don't think Downton abbey is on netflix (it was in the past) but if it is it is amazing)

WhatFor

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:52 am
Netflix shows that DH and I watched together and enjoyed:
Russian Doll
The Good Place
Dead to Me
Outlander
Shtisel

Generally popular:
Orange is the New Black

I also love Black Mirror but it's not for everyone. Great if you like to induce an existential crisis.

The Good cop is another Israeli show that's funny.

Then there are the million comedy shows that people are listing. I personally prefer the quality of a lot of shows on Amazon prime but ymmv.

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 4:47 am
Rappel wrote:
Am I the only one here who binge watches Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Netflix? Hiding

Fresh Prince is on Netflix!!

Omg *runs to add it to my list*

Edit... It's not there 😭

Oh wait.. You're in Israel... Is it a regional thing? ... If it is that totally sucks, bc Netflix is on the worldww. I hate regional blocking

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 6:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You are being very kind. I was ill yesterday. Netflix is supposed to be my distraction. I could use about 2 hrs a day of distraction, so I can do mindless therapy. A big part of my problem is that I am not a TV watcher in general.

Other than Law and Order, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, House, 2 1/2 Men, Two Broke Girls, Friends, Steinfeld, Mike and Molly, I haven't watched TV in years. If those shows aren't on, I don't know what is interesting. I used to watch Late Night Comedy, but I like raw balanced comedy better, nothing PC.

I like funny comedy and period romances. I like the Chicgo franchise because it crosses back and forth and builds on the characters.

I am open to new quality shows or movies. I liked the movies about Queen and Elton John I saw recently.

I am obsessed with Netflix, truly I am a huge fan of everything about their production style and business model! And I watch TV like it's my full time job LOL. I'm always happy to help a newbie navigate their extensive and confusing array of choices!

I highly highly recommend that you start with Downtown Abbey and Poldark if you like period romances. You will not be disappointed. Another good one is Outlander (more of a fantasy element, and much more graphic, so depending on your taste, you may not like it)

I don't watch much comedy but I really enjoyed the IT Crowd, it was hilarious and judging on your favorites I think there is a good chance you will enjoy it.

I'm really sorry you are not feeling well! Refuah shleima and I hope your new Netflix account will distract you and fill you with positive vibes to help you feel better! Start watching and report back and let us know how you like it Heart

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 6:23 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Any of the Netflix originals are stunning. I never fail to be impressed with the quality of writing, the skill of the acting, and the cinematography. They really are a cut above even the best network productions.

I am constantly amazed by the originality and boldness of the Netflix originals, both shows and movies! I get so angry at people who mock them. Being an uptight network snob is not a good look Mad I LOVE YOU NETFLIX!!!! NETFLIX4LYFE Tongue Out

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 6:24 am
justmarried wrote:
There’s a new show out now called the “the spy” and it’s about the real story of Israeli spy Eli Cohen. I only watched the first episode, but was hooked. Scary cuz it’s true.

I wasn't aware it came out already!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! Wish I could call in sick and just go home and watch it LOL

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 6:42 am
urban gypsy wrote:
I wasn't aware it came out already!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! Wish I could call in sick and just go home and watch it LOL

I'm afraid to. It's just so sad how he was discovered. I really want this series to honour his memory, and not be another Narcos spin-off thriller.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics