Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Orthotics in Brooklyn or long island

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:13 am
My teenage daughter needs to get orthotics for her shoes but I can't seem to find the right dr that does it and accepts our insurance and comes recommended. So if you know of a Dr that accepts united healthcare COMMUNITY plan and is good and does orthotics can you please share their contact info. My Dr gave me some suggestions but seems a few dr lately stopped taking this plan.

I am going anon as I just posted on a few local Facebook pages so don't want it to be associated with my online name here.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 11:40 am
check if dr Jeffrey knobel takes it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 7:37 am
Bump for other ideas. And to previous poster what's your experience with them? They sounded quite chaotic just trying get information over the phone. Do they make the thinner orthotics or only the thicker kind?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:08 am
Dr. David Mehl has offices in Queens and Williamsburg (Queens office tends to be a lot quieter) and takes a lot of insurance plans. Not sure about UHC since many doctors did stop taking it, but I was there recently and didn't see any signs or anything (many offices posted that they no longer take it.) However for future reference if you can switch to something else from UHC it would probably be wise. I haven't heard of anyone who takes UHC and DOESN'T take whatever you would switch to. We've been happy with HealthFirst so far.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:31 am
seeker wrote:
Dr. David Mehl has offices in Queens and Williamsburg (Queens office tends to be a lot quieter) and takes a lot of insurance plans. Not sure about UHC since many doctors did stop taking it, but I was there recently and didn't see any signs or anything (many offices posted that they no longer take it.) However for future reference if you can switch to something else from UHC it would probably be wise. I haven't heard of anyone who takes UHC and DOESN'T take whatever you would switch to. We've been happy with HealthFirst so far.

Thanks do you know if they do the thinner orthotics?

Regarding switching I would consider it but my daughter is currently in the middle of braces under uhc so I can't switch till she's done as far as I understand.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:44 am
Not sure about the switching thing, I think if your doctor stops taking your insurance that is considered a valid reason to switch at any time.

Yes as far as I know Dr. Mehl does all types of foot stuff. My DD only has mild correction at this point.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:58 am
seeker wrote:
Not sure about the switching thing, I think if your doctor stops taking your insurance that is considered a valid reason to switch at any time.

Correct but then not necessarily will the new one continue covering the braces

seeker wrote:
Yes as far as I know Dr. Mehl does all types of foot stuff. My DD only has mild correction at this point.

Thanks I'll check them out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics