Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Rosh Hashana Apple/Honey Dish

mc

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 12:29 pm
Looking for any new creative ideas for a honey dish/mat and/or any other fun Rosh Hashana projects to do with preschool age kids.

cholentfan1

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:22 pm
I did a matching game last year. They decorated 4 basic things (doubled) connected to Rosh Hashana-apple, honey, shofar and (can't remember the 4th) and I turned it into a matching game.

Decorate their own honey-pot? Get some sort of small cups (fancy disposables sort of thing), let them paint, color or stick things on. When it's dry, you can then pour some honey in.

Make their own shofar? Paint card brown with them, then fold in half and cut it out into the shape of a shofar. You should then have two pieces shofar shaped which can be threaded together-add a small whistle at the mouthpiece for it makes a noise when they blow it.

Have you tried chinuch.org? I find it's a great resource for ideas. Often one thing will spark my imagination and I will adapt an activity accordingly.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 3:51 pm
You can cut apples in half crosswise so that you can see the seeds in a star pattern and use that as a stamp to decorate shana tova cards or a placemat.

My little kids usually come home with a honey dish/apple plate made from 2 disposable plates and a little disposable bowl. They use the clear hard plastic ones. The kids decorate the bottom plate using stickers or paint or gathered fall leaves and then the second plate gets glued on top to protect the decorations. Then the morahs add a Velcro for for the bowl in the middle of the plate. It's genius because it's easily washable and you can put honey in the bowl and apple slices or pieces of challah around it on the plate.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 4:17 pm
A yellow squeezy bottle with black tape wrapped around. Great for no mess honey dish.

AOM

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 4:18 pm
I cut out an apple shape from a cereal box (so that its hard) and then cover it with red, brown by the stem and green for the leaf. The kids dot paint each part too. Then they paint a small plastic bowl to go in the middle. I hot glue it down and then stick a small sample size honey inside. I wrap it with cellophane and then attach a shana tova card in the shape of an apple with a picture of the child on the front.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics