Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Dr. Sarno/R' Katz's self healing method
Previous  1  2  3

thanks

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 7:29 pm
There's a documentary about Dr Sarno called "all the rage". I recommend it to anyone interested. It's very well done.

hanna2010

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 7:30 pm
ive Been dealing with severe chronic pain for a few years. After running from dr to dr and receiving no answers I joined a chronic pain program in a famous reputable hospital. The program is similar in theory to sarno, which I could not manage to do on my own.
I’m still dealing with pain but manageable and able to move on with life.
The idea is basically physical pain is the result of chronic stress, mental fatigue and emotional problems. It’s all the mental/emotional issues leaking out into your body and causing real physical pain.

You must first rule out any real health issues before starting sarno or any other pain program.

yerushamama

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 4:30 am
penguin wrote:
In EY I believe you can get tapes in English, Hebrew or Yiddish from Gitty Goldberg (she is R Shlomo Feivel Schustal's daughter).

Can you get me contact info?

blessedflower

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 6:27 am
Can I get his book in EY. I'm really desperate. I know I can order it on Amazon but I would rather not wait.
I think I should start with 'the mindbody prescription' correct me if I'm wrong. I suffer from a wide variation of pains and inflammations

shanie5

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:36 pm
the divided mind is his last book. Thats the one I have and it was enough. His earlier books (from what I understand) is more focus on only back pain. The last book has more updated info and knowledge that he gained from years of using his method.

cbg

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:12 pm
A person with severe arthritis
Knees are already bone on bone
Documented by xrays and drs.
Needs total knee replacements in both knees
Can they be helped,
OR
Because there is a physical reason this method is not helpful.
Trying to push off surgery as much as possible

shanie5

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:23 pm
cbg wrote:
A person with severe arthritis
Knees are already bone on bone
Documented by xrays and drs.
Needs total knee replacements in both knees
Can they be helped,
OR
Because there is a physical reason this method is not helpful.
Trying to push off surgery as much as possible

They can definitely be helped.

One of my favorite anecdotes from his book is about a man who mentioned to his dr. that he was having a right hip replacement due to arthritis. The Dr., a Sarno method follower, asked about his left hip. The patient said he had no pain in his left hip, so no problem. The Dr. asked the patient to humor him and have his left hip xrayed too. He did. Turns out that his left hip was as deteriorated as his right hip was. So it made no sense that only one hip hurt. Unless that wasn't the actual cause of the pain. The patient ended up canceling the surgery and became pain free thru the Sarno method. {Had he not found out about the deterioration in his left hip, and gone thru the hip replacement, his other hip would have eventually started causing him pain too}

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 7:37 am
shanie5 wrote:
They can definitely be helped.

One of my favorite anecdotes from his book is about a man who mentioned to his dr. that he was having a right hip replacement due to arthritis. The Dr., a Sarno method follower, asked about his left hip. The patient said he had no pain in his left hip, so no problem. The Dr. asked the patient to humor him and have his left hip xrayed too. He did. Turns out that his left hip was as deteriorated as his right hip was. So it made no sense that only one hip hurt. Unless that wasn't the actual cause of the pain. The patient ended up canceling the surgery and became pain free thru the Sarno method. {Had he not found out about the deterioration in his left hip, and gone thru the hip replacement, his other hip would have eventually started causing him pain too}

Oh wow
BTW- I also need a right hip replacement
B”H Left hip 100% ok and no pain
Of course the joint with more damage has less strength, less movement and a bit more pain
But pain is not my biggest concern because it’s what I call liveable pain, b”H.
Does the method only work on pain
Can it improve the lack of flextion in my knees

thanks

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 2:13 pm
To improve flexibility, you need to exercise land use the leg.
Dr Sarno stresses not to be afraid of moving.

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:04 pm
thanks wrote:
To improve flexibility, you need to exercise land use the leg.
Dr Sarno stresses not to be afraid of moving.

I’m not afraid of moving
I do pilates everyday
I go walking every day
I live life
I don’t have flexion though
The knees only bend 85 degrees

I’m suppose to go on the exercise bike, but you need about 115 degrees to pedal all the way around, so I just stretch forward and back as far as I can go

shanie5

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:08 pm
The question is -why don't you have flexation? Usually (I'm not a Dr., but this is my unknowledable understanding), movement stops when the pain starts. So if the lack of flexation is due to pain, the Sarno methos can help. If there is another reason for it, I can't answer the question. Only a TMS Dr. can answer it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics