Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How often do you get a new Sheitel?

rimon613

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:47 pm
Every how many years do you get a new Sheitel?

blessedjmom

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 11:45 pm
Married 6 yrs. Got a very! cheap one last year. My good ones are all 6 yrs old.
Waiting for an occasion t o get a new expensive one.

imabima

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 3:22 am
I spend about 400-500/shaitel and have averaged a new one about every 3 or 4 years.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 3:29 am
My fav dates back to... 10 years?
I take when I see a fitting one, one time it can be in the same year then not for years.
I do not spend NY type at all

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:13 am
My best sheital is 7 years old and still looks amazing. I get other good sheitals every couple of years or so. They don't hold up. Then I fill in with really cheap sheitals with great hairlines that I wear to death. These are the ones I use traveling or for recreation or for rain. They are cheaper than what I pay to style my good sheitals.

dankbar

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:51 am
It depends on a shaitel.
A synthetic needs to be replaced much more often. People replace those like between 6 mos & 2 years tops, but they cost considerably less starting from $200 maybe upto $500
An all human, lower quality might last you 3-4 yrs.
An expensive custom might last you 10 years.
Also depends how many shaitels you own ( how many you rotate with) & how often you use them/abuse them .
A sheitel worn daily won't last you as long as simcha sheitel worn occasionally.

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:07 am
My last one was 6 years ago. Not very often.

I spent quite a lot on it though.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:31 am
Probably every 12-18 months. I wear shietels exclusively though so they do get a lot of wear and tear.... I usually have 2 that I alternate between during the week and a third (the newest) I wear for shabbos and simchas.

dankbar

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:58 am
MiracleMama wrote:
Probably every 12-18 months. I wear shietels exclusively though so they do get a lot of wear and tear.... I usually have 2 that I alternate between during the week and a third (the newest) I wear for shabbos and simchas.

synthetic? you mean in house as well?

blessedjmom

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:04 am
Squishy wrote:
My best sheital is 7 years old and still looks amazing. I get other good sheitals every couple of years or so. They don't hold up. Then I fill in with really cheap sheitals with great hairlines that I wear to death. These are the ones I use traveling or for recreation or for rain. They are cheaper than what I pay to style my good sheitals.

Where do u get really cheap sheitels? Hunan hair? Synthetic?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels