Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How many Driving lessons did you take....

thankuhashem

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 11:40 am
How many driving lessons did you take before being ready for the road test?
In new York.

chocolover

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:00 pm
I took 8, was a package deal from beep beep auto school, with michoel. was perfect

miami85

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:01 pm
It's really such an individual thing. Personally, and I did not live in NY when I got my license, I had no qualms about driving. My mother who gave me lessons said that I "was a natural". and it felt that way, she didn't have to coach me much and I just had to get my "hours in" to take the road test and I got my license at 16 and haven't looked back, unless I was driving in reverse. That said I was not really allowed to drive in NY until I was 18 and it was done out of necessity, but since that time not that I had a car much until after I was married, I felt more comfortable driving in NY than others did.

I know of others who are much more nervous about it and took many lessons. It's more about how the driver feels comfortable in the car and can drive not-jerky, not nervous and feels confident in their ability to make quick-thinking decisions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics