Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
BDE R Gissinger

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:10 pm
I just heard that R Gissinger was niftar
He was from the biggest authorities on shalom Bayis and infertility

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:15 pm
I am sitting here crying. He was our rav since we got married, over 20 years. He helped so many people in so many ways. I know people personally who would not have any children if not for his help. Even though it was so hard to get through to him, when I did get through he always made me feel like he had all the time in the world for me and my issues were most important to him. I feel like I lost my father, my support, the person I could turn to.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:18 pm
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

treetop12

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:19 pm
BDE! What a loss to all of Lakewood and Jews all over! He was such a tzaddik and went above and beyond for us countless times! He should be a melitz yosher for us all!

tigerwife

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:22 pm
BD”E! What a loss to klal yisroel! Sad

zohar

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:41 pm
Crying Crying Crying

mommyfish

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:43 pm
I can’t stop crying! Rabbi Gissinger was our family’s rav since I was born. We had such a kesher with him.... while going through a terribly complicated pregnancy he was such a tremendous source of chizzuk and strength. And when he would see my daughter (the result of the complicated pregnancy) he would sit and play with her. He loved her! He always greeted my husband with a warm hug and a how are you? He gave us time whenever we needed, any time of day or night. Honestly don’t know where we will turn now when we need help and guidance...

DVOM

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:51 pm
Please post if you have funeral or shiva information

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:56 pm
Some memories..........

The first time I met Rabbi Gissinger was Motzei Shabbos during Sheva Brachos. We went to his house with a delicate type of shaila. I felt so uncomfortable, newly married, delicate shaila, new rav. But both him and his Rebbetzin were so warm and welcoming and they made me feel comfortable right away.

The next Friday, first week after Sheva Brachos, we were going to my family for Shabbos. Shabbos was very early and we had almost missed our Shabbos Sheva Brachos, so we were planning on leaving Lakewood very early. But I had a shaila on my bedika cloth that morning. My dh called Rabbi Gissinger to see if we could come over before we left, but he was on his way to the Coop. So on our way out of Lakewood we stopped at the Coop. my new husband went inside to find Rabbi Gissinger, he came out with him, checked the bedika and we went on our way. He understood that as a newly married couple we were so anxious to know if it was ok and so he went out of his way to check it right away.

Flip Flops

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:58 pm
DVOM wrote:

https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:59 pm
DVOM wrote:

According to TLS the levaya is 1030 tomorrow at his shul 175 Sunset.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 6:10 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Some memories..........

The first time I met Rabbi Gissinger was Motzei Shabbos during Sheva Brachos. We went to his house with a delicate type of shaila. I felt so uncomfortable, newly married, delicate shaila, new rav. But both him and his Rebbetzin were so warm and welcoming and they made me feel comfortable right away.

The next Friday, first week after Sheva Brachos, we were going to my family for Shabbos. Shabbos was very early and we had almost missed our Shabbos Sheva Brachos, so we were planning on leaving Lakewood very early. But I had a shaila on my bedika cloth that morning. My dh called Rabbi Gissinger to see if we could come over before we left, but he was on his way to the Coop. So on our way out of Lakewood we stopped at the Coop. my new husband went inside to find Rabbi Gissinger, he came out with him, checked the bedika and we went on our way. He understood that as a newly married couple we were so anxious to know if it was ok and so he went out of his way to check it right away.

I can do you one better
About 25 years ago my crazy husband saw him by a Chasana .
By dancing he joined the circle and stuck a bedika cloth in R Gissingers hand
A few minutes later R Gissinger flashed my husband a thumbs up
That's a tzadik

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 6:13 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I can do you one better
About 25 years ago my crazy husband saw him by a Chasana .
By dancing he joined the circle and stuck a bedika cloth in R Gissingers hand
A few minutes later R Gissinger flashed my husband a thumbs up
That's a tzadik

Wow! That's a story! Yes, he was a tzadik, and your husband has guts! Or something.......

zohar

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 6:33 pm
I was once in the grocery on erev pesach and saw Rabbi Gissinger. He was pushing a cart with his grandchild. He had a whole posse following him asking shailos and he was on the phone with his rebbitzen asking about vegatables. Classic.

chana87

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 8:06 pm
The chasuna was by day? I thought bedikah cloths could only be checked with sunlight..

imanonymous

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 8:09 pm
chana87 wrote:
The chasuna was by day? I thought bedikah cloths could only be checked with sunlight..

Depends on how iffy the shaila is and which day the bedika is from.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 11:24 pm
chana87 wrote:

Actually, if checked by artificial lighting they look more problematic. So if it’s good in artificial light, then it’s good.

Flip Flops

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 9:18 am
Does not need to be checked by sunlight. Does your rav go outside every time to check each cloth?
In the old days that was the only light. Today we have lights in our houses.

Chaya123

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 9:22 am
Yes, we are heartbroken over R' Gissinger's petirah. We turned to him when married about 1.5 years and still not pregnant and he patiently guided us throughout the long 5 years it took for our first child to be born. No one could be happier than him when we finally became parents! He also had an in with Dr. Check and Dr. Welt and was full of medical knowledge. What a tzaddik and what a loss! Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics