Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Chasidish Community - Linden
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:01 pm
Anyone know anything about the Chasidish community in Linden?
Whats the crowd like there? Im thinking of going there without any siblings- will I be lonely? Is it community style? Do the woman there ever gather together for social outings?
Trying to get the feel of the place

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 10:55 pm
I know 2 families that are going. As far as I know , nobody went with siblings. There is Kosover Rebbe's son in law, that is helping people buy and settle in Linden. Please inquire. There are plenty families living there already. I think they bus to BP for school and cheder.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 11:09 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I know 2 families that are going. As far as I know , nobody went with siblings. There is Kosover Rebbe's son in law, that is helping people buy and settle in Linden. Please inquire. There are plenty families living there already. I think they bus to BP for school and cheder.

The ppl you know are which age range? We are 25 . Wondering if the crowd is way older

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 11:18 pm
I heard there are some Bobov couples who are moving there.

I know someone living there who is in her 40’s but she did say there were some young couples moving there.

Joy of Motherhood

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 11:45 pm
Definitely young families moving there. Many families with just 1-3 kids.

dankbar

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 11:53 pm
I have a relative there. Shes married for short while with one baby. She said they do get together. There are about 25 families living there. You need to go through vaad to buy, and be part of the koson shul.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 12:07 am
Clarification:
The chasidish community in Linden was started by the Koson Rebbe of Boro Park [14th Ave cor 44st. is his shul which he took over after his father passed on]
His name is Rabbi Meyer Yosef Rottenberg
It has no relation to Kosov
[sorry I don't know more info so can't chime in to answer your question]

amother
Green

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 1:07 am
the rebbi is my uncle, a few of his children live just about a year in linden the rebbi is mo ving there after the summer

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 1:09 am
I know young couples with babies living there as well as families with married children.
The children are bussed in to school.
My friend moved there and is very happy.

momtobe

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 1:33 am
The houses in linden are usually on the smaller side.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 5:31 am
dankbar wrote:
I have a relative there. Shes married for short while with one baby. She said they do get together. There are about 25 families living there. You need to go through vaad to buy, and be part of the koson shul.

Why do you need to go through the vaad to buy a house in Linden? You can't just go through a real estate agent?

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 6:34 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Why do you need to go through the vaad to buy a house in Linden? You can't just go through a real estate agent?

Yeah. It makes no sense that you need to go through a vaad. Koson doesn't own linden.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 7:35 am
You don't need to go through the vaad. Anyone can buy on their own.

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 7:53 am
What I heard is that if you buy on your own, you are not welcome to join the shul

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 7:58 am
Anytime you buy from a broker in pioneer communities you pay way more than when you knock in at a house that has a "for sale" sign" & buy directly from owner.

There are people usually invested in making a new community successful, to build the infrastucture needed for a Jewish community, they are the ones that set the prices

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 8:54 am
dankbar wrote:
What I heard is that if you buy on your own, you are not welcome to join the shul

Yes, this is accurate.
They are trying to control the real estate prices in Linden from inflating due to the influx of frum families.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 8:58 am
There's no influx of frum families going on. The community is really not growing.

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 9:29 am
dankbar wrote:

I find this a bit of "cultish".

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 9:45 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
There's no influx of frum families going on. The community is really not growing.

The community in Linden is growing B"h beautifully. It's growing on a steadier basis because its attracting a fine chassidishe young crowd.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 9:50 am
tweety1 wrote:
I find this a bit of "cultish".

They’re not vetting or controlling who wants to move.
Someone moving in from the MO community would not buy through this Vaad.
Only those who are looking to join their community and use their resources-Mikva, shul, free busing to BP schools.
They’re trying to artificially preserve RE prices.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics