Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Chava Sem
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So whose the rebetzin nowadays? Also could someone elaborate on the type of girl going there. I understand they’d be classified as more high maintenance but are they friendly? Academic/clever? Hardworking? Rebellious? Just so I get a better picture. Thanks.

From what I understand R Geisler left R’Abramov is principal and Mrs. Silver is like the mechaneches or whatever that’s called Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:38 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
I’m curious as to why you are most concerned with feeding into your daughters materialism instead of finding a place where she can grow and learn. It almost sounds like you’re specifically looking for a program that will be a “fun chilling year” for your daughter and she’ll come back exactly the same. I mean...I guess maybe that’s exactly what you want? To me that defeats the whole purpose of a year away from home.

It’s the exact opposite! I’m sorry if it sounds like that it’s just that her teachers have all been pointing her in that direction so I’m trying to gather information.
I want her to feel comfortable but also grow. She’s going for a year abroad and if we’re paying the money I want her to have her chill and enjoy her materialism too. She’s been working exceptionally hard all her schooling years on her secular studies and I want her to have one year to herself to relax and just have a break and along side gain some inspiration. Tbh she’s very bright in her Limudei kodesh but she’s not focusing on that as her exams are more important so she won’t be able to keep up in a more academic Sem. Hope this makes sense?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 2:25 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I went there after Mrs. Tarshish left but when they were still on Neve. Was definitely academic but much less than when my older sisters went. In talking with people who were there different years it seems like the matzav is very different depending on the year. Like we started off with weekly parsha tests then I think girls complained and they took it away. Girls also complained that we didn’t have what other seminaries did like snacks available all the time etc. (which to me was ridiculous like that’s not why I went to seminary.) There were girls who blew off classes and others (like me) who were extremely studious and there to learn. I was the out of town type and majority of the girls were not my type at all but I found a small group of out of towners and had a great year overall. I remember once an intowner came into my room (to see my roommate) looked into my open closet and was like “you don’t have anything in here!” I always thought it was comical how much pressure the girls felt to borrow the perfect outfit from their friend to wear for shabbos when they had a whole store of nice clothes in their closet. I ended up having a good year but probably would have had one in almost any seminary.

I guess my points are that:

The matzav is different from year to year
There’s a mixture of different types of girls
Your daughter will get out of seminary what she chooses to get out of it.

Hope you found this helpful and hatzlacha!

Thanks so much this is amazing

Thanks everyone for your help I’ll be looking into other sems as well ❤️

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 2:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s the exact opposite! I’m sorry if it sounds like that it’s just that her teachers have all been pointing her in that direction so I’m trying to gather information.
I want her to feel comfortable but also grow. She’s going for a year abroad and if we’re paying the money I want her to have her chill and enjoy her materialism too. She’s been working exceptionally hard all her schooling years on her secular studies and I want her to have one year to herself to relax and just have a break and along side gain some inspiration. Tbh she’s very bright in her Limudei kodesh but she’s not focusing on that as her exams are more important so she won’t be able to keep up in a more academic Sem. Hope this makes sense?

Seminary will NOT be relaxing and a break compared to high school.

gumby

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 7:37 am
cnc wrote:
Seminary will NOT be relaxing and a break compared to high school.

How would you know that - maybe she went to a high pressured very academic high school. There are many seminaries that are more relaxing and less pressured than highly competitive academic schools.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics