Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Husband potched 5 year old for hitting
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 11:11 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Only a small percentage of the drop in crime rate is attributed to the 1993 Crime Bill Law. Other countries, like Canada and New Zealand, saw similar drops with no increase in incarceration rates. A number of other theories have been suggested, including a reduction in blood levels of lead in children (due to the environment being cleaned up), improving economic conditions, and increase in availability of birth control and abortion, which led to fewer children being born to parents who were not capable of being parents. (I am not arguing for or against abortion here, merely pointing out that unwanted children are less likely to grow up to be happy and productive citizens.)

The Freakonomics team analyzed the effect of abortion on the crime rate and they found that while abortion does decrease the crime rate, if you assign a fetus even a fraction of the value of a life, more lives are lost through abortion.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 3:13 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
The Freakonomics team analyzed the effect of abortion on the crime rate and they found that while abortion does decrease the crime rate, if you assign a fetus even a fraction of the value of a life, more lives are lost through abortion.

Yes, of course. My post was not meant to advocate for abortion. It was to point out that there are several reasons, including access to abortion, that account for the drop in crime rate.

I agree with the Freakanomics analysis.

Edited to add: And of course, this is all totally irrelevant to OP and her children, who are obviously wanted and beloved. And who will grow up to be upstanding citizens.

Last edited by JoyInTheMorning on Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 4:11 am
I can't read all the responses but I'm wondering if your question should be "why has my son suddenly changed and is so unhappy, rageful at times and not responsive to discipline lately?" Given the way you described him I doubt the potch has made any real long-term impact on him (though I may be wrong). Just my hunch. It sound likes your son is not really in his right mind and likely couldn't even process the potch in the way your husband hoped. In that case I would have your son checked for a possible strep or other infection through culture and blood test. He may be experiencing neuroinflamation in the emotional part of his brain that causes impairments in the way he processes emotions and in his behavior as well. See some similar recent posts that discuss this (and problem behavior).
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics