Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I'm getting eaten alive!
Previous  1  2

Cheiny

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 5:50 pm
my mama wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01576DWQU?creativeASIN=B01576DWQU&linkCode=w61&imprToken=Y6xjg99zssItZdHn2gSOgA&slotNum=7&tag=bfelena-20&ascsubtag=5116056%2C1%2C42%2Cm%2C0%2C0%2Cbf-hpp%2C0%3A0

I don't know if you can get this in Israel but it has fantastic reviews

That’s not the solution. She needs to prevent them from coming in in the first place!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 2:46 pm
I'm not going to be staying in this apartment much longer, so it doesn't make sense for me to install screens. Besides, I don't even have the money for materials.

Meanwhile, I got 6 new bites over Shabbos, and now I look like I'm developing some sort of tropical disease. Surprised

Rappel

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 4:19 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm not going to be staying in this apartment much longer, so it doesn't make sense for me to install screens. Besides, I don't even have the money for materials.

Meanwhile, I got 6 new bites over Shabbos, and now I look like I'm developing some sort of tropical disease. Surprised

Ouch!!! Where is a cat when you need one?

bamba

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 6:58 pm
Put a cup of vinegar in your room!
Really helps!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Sep 07 2019, 8:09 pm
bamba wrote:
Put a cup of vinegar in your room!
Really helps!

I'm willing to try anything at this point. So far they don't seem to be bothered by citronella, red cedar, or lemon geranium, and they don't care if the lights are on or off, day or night.

Oh, and I have a cat, but she's blind. She's really good at catching flies, but for some reason she can't seem to zero in on mosquitoes.

yc

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 4:53 am
try skin-so-soft body oil - my son is very prone to mosquito bites and he swears by it. puts it on before he goes to sleep and gets no bites whatsoever.
what about those mosquito plug ins? some work, some don't

Elfrida

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 6:56 am
My landlord used some kind of silicon glue to stick the netting directly on the window frame. I don't like screens, so I'm glad that between the wind and the cats most of it has disintegrated by now.

I use Mosi-guard natural whenever I hear one, and most of the time it works very well. When I do get bitten I use Trolamine cream, which relieves the itching very well. Toothpaste also works as long as you don't t mind having silly looking white dots all over you.

My cats have perfect vision, but aren't interested in mosquitos. But they eat cockroaches, so I don't complain.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics