Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
Birthday gift for cleaning woman

EPL

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:12 am
Last week as my cleaning woman was leaving, she mentioned to me that next time I see her , it will be her birthday. I believe she was hinting for a gift. Must I give her a gift? I've been using her for just one year, once a week, and I did give her a nice holiday present last year.

Lizzie4

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:32 am
Yes, even if it's just a $50 bonus or whatever

bamba

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:36 am
Lizzie4 wrote:
Yes, even if it's just a $50 bonus or whatever

Just a 50$ bonus?
I would say maybe a little hand soap/cream set.
Much cheaper than 50$!

Lizzie4

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:42 am
bamba wrote:
Just a 50$ bonus?
I would say maybe a little hand soap/cream set.
Much cheaper than 50$!

Yeah! That's what I would do too. Or a small purfume

Elfrida

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:45 am
I don't know about 'have to' but everyone likes to feel little bit spoiled on their birthday, and if you are the person she is seeing, she might be hoping for something from you.

I don't think it has to be extravagant - more like 'I was thinking of you and wanted to do something a little extra'. A card and some minor gift (the hand cream mentioned above sounds perfect) would be what I was thinking off. Giving $50 sounds and awful lot to me, but in Israel I probably have a somewhat different scale of reference. See if you can ask some local friends what they might do.

flower2

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:50 am
I wouldn't give a Birthday gift
I tip at end of year and if I go away and I miss a full week and pay her for it

polka dots

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:05 am
I hardly tip. I rather give little something's here and there. For me a $50 tip is very much. I would regift something pretty I don't need . I dont want to see anything from small perfume or even some chocolate. I want to acknowledge her and show her that I appreciate her.

polka dots

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:06 am
Deleted- double post

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 10:51 am
are you serious?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 11:23 am
Just acknowledge it. Whatever that means to you. It can be a small body shop set or even a cupcake in a nice box with a big smile and your happy birthday wishes Smile

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:08 pm
Really it's up to you and your relationship with your cleaning woman.

I don't think it's strange to give a gift to your housekeeper if you know it's her birthday. I would give birthday gifts to people who worked for me in the "real" workplace. If you can afford it, money is always generous and much appreciated by those for whom even a meal in a fast food restaurant is a treat. If you can't afford it then any kind of nice present is a lovely gesture but I would opt for something that is functional as well like nice shower gels versus a candle.

West End Tova

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:46 pm
I was very fond of my cleaner (now retired) so I would give her perfume (from a department store where she could exchange it if she wanted something else.) Also put a candle on a cupcake for a little "party." I will probably do the same for my new one - I think it makes for a good relationship.

nchr

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 12:06 pm
I'd probably do a $50 tip. Surprised it got so much flack. Cleaners appreciate money more than perfume (generally speaking). Do $20 if easier for you in a nice card.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries