Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Friend's Bar Mitzvahs coming up

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 11:48 am
Two of my best friends from seminary, and among the few friends that I have at the moment, are making bar mitzvahs a month apart. One is a full-day's drive away, but there's another reason for us to make the big trip so my husband is considering the trip. Another very good friend is making a bar mitzvah a month after that "only" 4 hours away, I think over shabbos only. I actually know her from even before seminary. We moved about a year ago and I've had it hard socially adjusting to our new city. It would mean SO much to go but it would mean for our family 3 "big" trips in 3 months. The 2nd bar mitzvah is like 2 weeks after yom tov. Does it make sense to ask my family to go away for shabbos again? Go away by myself? Not go? Try to find another calmer week to go visit my friend 4 hrs away for shabbos?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 11:52 am
If it would be good for you, see if your family is up for it. If not, it's ok to take a weekend away and go and be misameach your friend while filling yourself up. See which way your husband prefers.
Mazel Tov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics