Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Speech therapist in Israel

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 10:17 am
I am currently in my masters program for Speech in NY. It seems like I will be moving to Israel as soon as I finish school. does anyone know what I need to do to transfer my degree or who I need to contact about it?

Any help would be appreciated

Anonymous cause discussed this with ppl already

juggling

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 10:22 am
I know nothing, but did you check nefesh b'nefesh? Their website has a lot of information.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 10:34 am
NBN probably has guidelines for how to transfer your license. However, I new interesting option that has become available recently is telepractice. I am not a SPT but I work for an organization that places OT, SPT, and SW in school settings in the US via telepractice. This option is definitely worth looking into. Side benefit is that it pays a US salary.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 11:04 am
Wow that sounds interesting would you be able to give me more information on what the organization is called?

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 1:11 pm
My neighbor does it. The is the speech therapist for a school in eastern California near Nevada. Because of the remote location, they have trouble finding personnel. She is paid more than an Israeli position, but less than if she were working in person in the US.
You will need a good computer and headset and a decent background. (My friend hung a pretty curtain in front of her washing machine.)

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
NBN probably has guidelines for how to transfer your license. However, I new interesting option that has become available recently is telepractice. I am not a SPT but I work for an organization that places OT, SPT, and SW in school settings in the US via telepractice. This option is definitely worth looking into. Side benefit is that it pays a US salary.

Can I have a way of contacting you or getting more information about this company? I'm an experienced therapist hoping to make aliyah in the near future.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 7:45 am
I am not​ any of the previous posters​, but I do speech by telepractice. (I really don't like posting on this website, but I really want to help you with the info that I have.) The three main agenices that I know of are - Tiny Eye, Presence Learning, and Global Teletherapy. (I'm going to refer to each by their initials. )

TE is probably the easiest to get hired by as they don't require any experience. They are the only agency that I know of that will hire you as a CFY. Its also a very 'touchy feely' agency. The office staff is the 'sweetsy type' - hard to explain, I'm not sure if you know what type I'm talking about. They are also the oldest Teletherapy agency.

GT is a frum agency, owned by a young frum couple who are dolls. All the office staff is frum, which IMO makes them very pleasent to work with. A lot of the office staff is actually located in Israel. They require a minimum of 2 years working experience plus some pediatric experience, so you def can't work for them right after graduation.

PL is the largest and most 'professional type'. Their staff is also the coldest. They require (unofficially) previous public school experience so if all your career you've been working for agenices, or at a clinic, or doing EI, etc, I doubt they'll hire you.

All pay somewhat similar. Some pay for preparation time but then less per hour, some have prep time included in your hourly salary. In my experience, they pay similar per hour to what you'd get at an OOT agency, but significantly less than what you'd make in NYC. But there is also zero travel time or related expenses which is really really nice. And if you are in Israel you get an American salary and prob more than you'd make per hour locally.
You are required to have be Lisenced in every state you see students in as well as whatever state you are working out of (if you are in the US). There is no guarantee of a caseload. The more states you are licensed​ in the better, assuming those are states with cases. They send out emails with cases and you can grab them or turn them down. Caseloads tend to be smaller in September and grow as the year progresses. There is often a large turnover of students, that's just the nature of the average student who receives online therapy (most are homeschooled through online programs).

The biggest issue right now, for people who want to do this from Israel, is that the rules are changing and as of very recently a good chunk of the schools we see students in no longer want clinicians working outside the US. Even if they are American citizens. (No idea why. ) So that's really putting a damper on things and is going to make it much harder to find an agency that will hire you, plus to build a caseload within an agency.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 9:21 pm
Thinking of making aliyah in the near future.
I'm post bacc studying speech. Has anyone done their CF in israel? How did it work?
Is there a need for SLP's in Israel? Whats the hourly rate of an SLP in Jlem (ramot, neve yaakov, har nof) area? Is it better to work in EI, private practice or in a school? How does it work in a Gan Safa? Is there a website with job listings?

All replies welcome and much appreciated!!

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 9:20 am
anyone??

I read every post on this website about speech and Israel but couldn't find what I was looking for Crying
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating