Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
One year old got so difficult, cries so much

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:16 pm
My sweet baby is turning into such a difficult kid! He cries whenever he doesn’t get what he wants. Screams when I lay him down to diaper him even though I don’t see why (no rash). Doesn’t eat normally. He’s too young to understand or negotiate with so I don’t know how to deal with his tantrums. Any tips? How do I get him to eat foods he used to eat? To let be diaper him without shrieking? To not hold him every second?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:26 pm
Firstly, it’s normal for one year olds to change their food preferences constantly.
Secondly, try changing his pamper while he stands or giving him something he likes, like your phone or something for him to play with while you change him.
Lastly, my one year old demands to be held constantly too or else she cries. Some babies are more Mommy needy than others. Sometimes she’s just thirsty and or tired. And giving her a drink or putting her down for a nap solves the problem.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:45 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Firstly, it’s normal for one year olds to change their food preferences constantly.
Secondly, try changing his pamper while he stands or giving him something he likes, like your phone or something for him to play with while you change him.
Lastly, my one year old demands to be held constantly too or else she cries. Some babies are more Mommy needy than others. Sometimes she’s just thirsty and or tired. And giving her a drink or putting her down for a nap solves the problem.

I forgot to mention that he started being really grouchy when he gets up from his nap. Just cries for every little thing for about an hour or more even. What could be causing that too?

I also never know when to give in and when to fight.

Regarding eating, he eats when he’s really distracted but then I feel like I’m setting him up for bad habits. But if I tried feeding normally he wouldn’t eat. I can’t have him go to sleep hungry.

Basically I don’t know how to deal with him.

funmother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 9:10 pm
It sounds like a combination of growing up a little and teething. 12-18 months are always on the go. Hate sitting . Alot of fingers food they could walk around and eat. And he also sound like hes teething. I had one toddler that age that would fall asleep sucking a teether, slept a full night but would wake up with a shreak in the morning

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 9:23 pm
Is your baby teething? That may explain the fussiness in eating as well as general irritability. Anything else that may be causing discomfort or pain?
Other than that, do your best to keep yourself calm and pleasant when with baby. Kids pick up on mom’s stress and reflect it back.
Aim to be a good enough mother, not a perfect one. Nobody has all the answers. We all just try to do our best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics