Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What non kosher food are you super curious about?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

DVOM

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 6:44 am
I have nothing specific that I want to try, but as others have said, I'd really love the convenience of being able to eat out while traveling. I love to travel, but I hate having to pack up food for the whole family.

icebreaker

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:12 am
nywife wrote:
In my OTD days I ate it all. I miss seafood the most- shrimp, lobster, scallops- all DELICIOUS. And healthy. Bacon is pretty good, but I’ll say I miss seafood more.

Same. I miss authentic ethnic food. The New World Mall in flushing was one of my favorite places to go and just try something from 1 or 2 stalls each visit. Jackson Heights for Peruvian, Mexican, Cuban food. I miss it all!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:21 am
Cheeseburger is ubiquitous - just any "american" place/burger joint?

But most things can be recreated. I've literally done stuff from a book in Alsatian Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:35 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Lucky Charms. I've been periodically checking for a hechsher since I was a kid! I'm still holding out hope. Maybe one day...

Lol. A not Frum person asked me this same question two days ago and I also said Lucky Charms!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:42 am
Rappel wrote:
I want to try rabbit.

I always thought rabbit was dry and tasteless. It’s hard to cook properly. I’d never ordered it again after it was so disappointing

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:44 am
Lobster is my fave food ever. Shrimps and scallops a close second. There is nothing like them in the kosher world. In my opinion, good beef fry done right is even better than bacon.

moonstone

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:36 am
Cheeseburger. They look delicious.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:38 am
Nothing really except for when traveling I'd love the convenience.

Dina2018

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:45 am
I‘ve tried anything of the above besides rabbit and there is nothing to miss, esp. not alligator nor seafood. Kosher chicken Kiew or cheeseburger tastes just the same. I also miss the convenience of getting food when traveling.

Dina2018

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:46 am
andrea levy wrote:
I always thought rabbit was dry and tasteless. It’s hard to cook properly. I’d never ordered it again after it was so disappointing

I‘ve never tried it but as far as know it has ro be cooked in heavy cream 🙈

Dina2018

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:48 am
misrael wrote:
I think there are Kosher Cinnabons.

I'm curious how cheese and fleishigs actually taste together.

IMO its not that different when you use mock parve cheese or whatever with fleichigs

lcraighten

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:52 am
I just wish I could travel without shlepping food everywhere!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:54 am
Dina2018 wrote:
I‘ve never tried it but as far as know it has ro be cooked in heavy cream 🙈

Haha. Perfect for my low carb diet NOW. Too bad I won’t eat it anymore

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:57 am
Speaking of which, it’s hilarious because before we planned trips with kosher restaurants but now that we are super careful about how we eat and take food since ime most kosher restaurants use garbage oil and processed ingredients we don’t eat. That, while way more restrictive than keeping kosher is really working for us in a big way!

Teomima

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 10:21 am
As a vegetarian, treif meat has never held much appeal to me. But if I were to say anything, I guess I'd say crab. Seafood in general grosses me out, like others have said it all seems like sea bugs to me, but I love watching cooking shows and they all describe crab meat as being sweet and I'm interested in knowing what that flavor is like.

Lushken

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 10:47 am
cat tail.

Dina2018

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 10:59 am
Teomima wrote:
As a vegetarian, treif meat has never held much appeal to me. But if I were to say anything, I guess I'd say crab. Seafood in general grosses me out, like others have said it all seems like sea bugs to me, but I love watching cooking shows and they all describe crab meat as being sweet and I'm interested in knowing what that flavor is like.

Crab meat smells like fish but somehow not nice and has a strange texture. Yes it is a bit sweet but only a hint. Absolutely worthless.

Teomima

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:17 pm
Dina2018 wrote:
Crab meat smells like fish but somehow not nice and has a strange texture. Yes it is a bit sweet but only a hint. Absolutely worthless.

Good to know. Not interested at all anymore.

momX4

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:15 pm
animeme wrote:
Yep. I want to eat the Cinnabons. Also, I've always wanted to taste tacos with meat and cheese and sour cream, and especially Indian food with meat and yogurt.

Cinnabons is kosher in Palisades Mall.

momyland

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:50 pm
Shrimp and lobster
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics