Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Keratin treatment for frizzy Clary Sheitels?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 10:02 am
In an earlier thread someone advised me to get a Keratin treatment for my 2 Clary sheitels that became crazy frizzy. I only wear these two Clary wigs for dressy, 5-6 times a year (I wear shorter wigs usually), and theyre 1 and 2 years old, pretty new, and they frizzed terribly!!!!

I actually gave one of the Clarys to Clary for a treatment, thinking theyll know what to do, and they charged me $85 and I dont see ANY difference. They used some L"Oreal product, that didnt say Keratin on it (I saw the jar, they told me what theyre using).

Will a Keratin treatment reduce or eliminate FRIZZ better than what Clary uses? Can I do this myself? If not, who does Keratin treatments best, in BP?

TIA

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:29 pm
Have you resolved the issue? If so, which product did you use?
I have a supposedly straight wig that is really too full and frizzy for me.
When I used a hair iron the shaitel looks nice but it doesn’t last.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In an earlier thread someone advised me to get a Keratin treatment for my 2 Clary sheitels that became crazy frizzy. I only wear these two Clary wigs for dressy, 5-6 times a year (I wear shorter wigs usually), and theyre 1 and 2 years old, pretty new, and they frizzed terribly!!!!

I actually gave one of the Clarys to Clary for a treatment, thinking theyll know what to do, and they charged me $85 and I dont see ANY difference. They used some L"Oreal product, that didnt say Keratin on it (I saw the jar, they told me what theyre using).

Will a Keratin treatment reduce or eliminate FRIZZ better than what Clary uses? Can I do this myself? If not, who does Keratin treatments best, in BP?

TIA

A real keratin treatment straightens the hair. It doesn't sound like what you want or what you had done if you have a curly wig.

Use Frizz Ease Argan Oil on the little frizzies when you're putting on your wig.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:07 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Have you resolved the issue?

Not really. I wear them once in a blue moon, and Im not happy with these 2 newer Sheitels. Of course the Clary people say my Sheitel macher, who Ive used for ALL my Clary wigs, must have killed them.

I have many Clary wigs (I like the fit, they have a nice deep cap, which I need, even though Im thin with an oval face- go figure- but looks like my head measurements arent small). The older ones arent frizzy, the newer ones are.

Ive used Argan oil.

Any recommendations for other sheitel brands made with a deep stretchy comfortable cap?????????

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:35 pm
I'm surprised Clary claims your sheitalmacher killed it. They should know better. Clary wigs tend to frizz.
They are completely unprocessed- a trait they are proud of. I tried to tell them that they would have a bigger market if they were to process it a little to control the frizz. They don't want to.
Take it to a professional to do a keratin treatment. There are different types and some of those are meant for curls.
Even if you do the straightening keratin treatment it can still be curled (unlike when you do a relaxing). Also, keratin washes out with time so it's not permanent.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 7:31 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Take it to a professional to do a keratin treatment. There are different types and some of those are meant for curls.

Who is the best (and most honest) for Keratin treatment in Brooklyn?

Any time you give a Sheitel in to be serviced to anyone who didnt make, sell or cut the Sheitel, theres more chance of them blaming a problem on others.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 10:48 pm
I bought a wavy Clary a while back but would like to wear it straight. Will this keratin treatment help for that? If I have the wig done straight, will it curl up on me?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:42 pm
Ive given up with my Clarys even after Keratin.

Theyre all bushy/frizzy.

Unfortunately their size large caps are extremely comfortable, but the hair is NOT silky/smooth on any of my Clary wigs. Never were, never will be.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 10:37 am
So no hope.....?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 10:51 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
So no hope.....?

Not for mine. My cheaper Sheitels arent half as comfortable but the hair looks silkier.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics