Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DD, shopping for school clothes.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:02 pm
So, my OTD daughter, who for the past few years has insisted on wearing ripped jeans, band t-shirts, and a leather jacket, has just put together a shopping list for clothes she wants this year.

Cute skirts, long sleeve blouses, and tights! She even likes PINK now! Surprised Alert the media, someone has stolen my child and replaced her with an imposer! LOL

She still has green hair and a lip ring, but I was so surprised at her sudden change in fashion. I suspect there's a cute boy in her class, and she's trying to dress to impress.

She knows that being tznius is more attractive than being frumpy and not pulled together. Oh, and she wants accessories, too!

*sniff* My little tomboy is growing up and turning into a young lady.

sub

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:05 pm
Do you need a case of Kleenex?
Wishing you much nachas from her.
And a great wonderful new year. And everything should just be full of brachos for you.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:43 pm
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. FF, you are an INCREDIBLE mother.
May this be a year of happiness and fulfillment for both you and DD, encouraging her to grow and make good choices at her own speed.

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:25 am
Wow! Just wow! Be happy for the change! This is amazing! Miracles do happen!

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:29 am
FF how old is she now? (IOW how long do I have to wait?). Wishing you nothing but continued growing nachas.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:14 am
FF, you have given her a great gift by exposing her, healthily, to tznius, as she navigates the world. I hope you continue to see wonderful peiros, as she grows into a young woman with direction, integrity, and character.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children