Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Spoiler Alert - This Week's Mishpacha Double Take

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 4:09 pm
I know it is fiction but I just want to say that I thought the older teacher was jealous, inappropriate, insecure, and had terrible boundary issues herself. I bet Chaya is the type to have issues in her personal relationships, and she sounded like an ineffective teacher too who is out of touch with the generation. Sounded like the younger teacher was doing a great job. She may not be perfect but she is brand new and that is none of Chaya's business.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 7:23 pm
I think they both had faults. I definitely heard what the older teacher was saying about showing favoritism and hated that the younger teacher would let mainly the popular girls have “special jobs.” But I do think that the older teacher was jealous of the younger teacher and shouldn’t have said anything to her. I did think she was correct to going to the principal about the favoritism part.

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 10:31 pm
Also, the principal totally miscalculated by suggesting that the younger teacher ask the older one for advice. Lol.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know it is fiction but I just want to say that I thought the older teacher was jealous, inappropriate, insecure, and had terrible boundary issues herself. I bet Chaya is the type to have issues in her personal relationships, and she sounded like an ineffective teacher too who is out of touch with the generation. Sounded like the younger teacher was doing a great job. She may not be perfect but she is brand new and that is none of Chaya's business.

Both sides had valid points. The older teacher could have gained some fresh new perspectives & learning styles, and the younger teacher could have gained a lot from the wisdom from experience. But both sides had their ego in play.

imokay

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:16 pm
That's funny, if anything, I actually thought the younger teacher was more in the wrong; to me it sounded like she was showing blatant favoritism to a few of the more rowdy girls and I was imagining what the rest of the class felt. Giving a select few girls extra perks and jobs might get them to behave but at what expense?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room