Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
2month old nap question

lucky14

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:36 pm
Where does your 1-2 month old nap? The same place where they sleep at night? I know it's important to establish day vs. night for babies this young but if you put them down for naps the same way you put them down for sleep at night then wont that not help with establishing the day vs. night?
I need a lot of help with figuring out how to do naps for my baby. Help me please!

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:55 pm
At that age baby napped mostly in her stroller or rock n play (I know they were recalled, we used it for supervised napping only until she hit 3 months) or on me. We started pushing crib naps closer to 3 months. By 3.5 months she napped only in the crib.

One thing we did for day vs night is it was always lighter for daytime naps- no black out curtains.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:57 pm
Yes.
For me it was also important to establish a environment for sleeping, so baby always slept in the same bassinet.
Daytime I kept the room as well lit as can be.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 9:27 pm
My baby (around 2 mo) sleeps anywhere that’s not his crib, baby mat on the floor, bouncer, swing, a blanket on the floor, on my, next to me on the bed etc...

lucky14

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 9:58 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Yes.
For me it was also important to establish a environment for sleeping, so baby always slept in the same bassinet.
Daytime I kept the room as well lit as can be.

Did you swaddle for bedtime/naps? Did you have a pre-bedtime routine? Did you do the same routine for naps?

lucky14

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 10:05 pm
Thanks amothers burgundy and baby blue for responding. Yeah right now that's how naps are looking over here. Just not sure if it would make things easier to get her napping in her bed in order to not have to do that transition when she's 3 months. But I do want to establish the day vs. night sleep and other than a more lit room there isn't much to make it obviously different. Now there's dark and I swaddle and night and there's more of a routine before night sleep...

But also day naps are so short now since there isn't the swaddle and there's stuff going on around her that sometimes startles her awake.

trixx

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 11:22 pm
Have you read the baby whisperer answers all your q. Great book.
You can swaddle for day nap. Just make sure to wake up so nap isn't longer than 2h in the day.

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:03 am
Sleep begets sleep. Get the baby to nap and don’t worry so much about if it’s the same bassinet as nighttime. As far as I am concerned, if you can get the baby to nap somewhere that’s not on you, you are winning!

BA

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:20 am
I used the light vs dark difference and a longer bedtime routine. also used a sound machine at night. once he started taking 2 consistent naps, I used the sound machine for nap time also.
also for night feedings, I stayed in a dark room and avoided diaper changing if I could.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics