Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Thanks, but I don't know who you are
1  2  Next

Flip Flops

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 3:48 pm
Just got a text:
"Mazel tov, I'm engaged!" I'm super happy for Ms anonymous but I don't have u in my contacts and I have no idea who u r... It's a bit weird texting back - "I'm so excited... btw who are u?"
And then I had the time someone texted, "I have a gift for u!" And I'm like okaaay, if I'd only know who u are.
Anyone have stories to share? I'm finding it to be a bit funny.

mamaleh

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 4:00 pm
I get these types of texts often. I simply text back, “who is this?” Once they reply, I send the appropriate Mazel Tov text. No one has had a problem, so far (at least not that I know of)

kenz

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 4:01 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
Just got a text:
"Mazel tov, I'm engaged!" I'm super happy for Ms anonymous but I don't have u in my contacts and I have no idea who u r... It's a bit weird texting back - "I'm so excited... btw who are u?"
And then I had the time someone texted, "I have a gift for u!" And I'm like okaaay, if I'd only know who u are.

My husband once got a text saying, "Mazel tov, mazel tov, my wife had twins!!" and had no idea who it was. I assumed who it was based on who I knew was expecting at the time - and I was right - but it was still really funny.

gittylove

Post Fri, Sep 13 2019, 5:34 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
Just got a text:

I always reply I just got a new phone and lost my contacts. Who is this...

userfriendly

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:21 pm
I just had this on Friday where a strange number texted “I’m on my way”. I replied “great I hope you enjoy wherever your going”
Never got a response so I’m assuming the person realized their mistake. LOL

singleagain

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 10:29 pm
I once replied to a group text, which I only had like one or two numbers in my phone. So I got a text back from one of those numbers asking who I was.

asmileaday

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 11:23 pm
It's very normal to text- don't have your number saved, what's your name.

When texting a person you've never messaged before I think it's mentchlich to write Hi I'm asmileaday I got your number from so and so. And then write whatever it is you want to know.

shanie5

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 1:07 am
I got a wedding invitation and had no idea who the people were. I sent the return card back with a "Mazal tov, I have no idea who this is, care to clarify?" and signed my name and number. Didn't get a response.

Laiya

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 1:15 am
A neighbor had a baby. I thought she had my number. I texted her that I was in BJ's, can I get her anything? She responded, Yes, 1 box pampers newborn size and a box of forks.
A minute later, she sent a second text, Who is this?

mommy12

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 1:28 am
I once got a group email from a doctor of mine that he sent to his family about his son's baseball game that weekend. Guess I have a similar name or email address as a family member of his.

mirror

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 1:52 am
My boss accidentally sent me a text that was meant for his wife. I'm too embarrassed to post it here. (I do have some boundaries.)

heidi

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 2:20 am
We had gone to visit my unmarried son in yeshiva when he got a message " I'm on my way home from the mikvah".
I told him to text back "wrong number".
He was super embarrassed 😭

elaela

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 2:40 am
I recently recieved this text.

"cant talk now im under the shower"

I replied:

"u shouldnt text either unless your phone is waterproof"

imasoftov

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 4:13 am
gittylove wrote:
I always reply I just got a new phone and lost my contacts. Who is this...

Why lie? Why not just ask who it is?

singleagain

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 6:50 am
ariela wrote:
I recently recieved this text.

"cant talk now im under the shower"

I replied:

"u shouldnt text either unless your phone is waterproof"

Lots of people have waterproof cases, bc they like listening to music on the shower. Or to take pictures in less than ideal weather conditions.

yersp

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:13 am
I received from same number twice a few months apart pictures of a trip. Happens to be they were nice pics! I replied:
beautiful pics! I think they were meant for someone else. Please recheck the number you're sending these to.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 7:16 am
My name is similar to one of my bosses . I get emails meant for her all the time because our work emails are first.last@... so our first 10 letters are the same .

Ima4therecord

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:01 am
singleagain wrote:
I once replied to a group text, which I only had like one or two numbers in my phone. So I got a text back from one of those numbers asking who I was.

It sounds like ur phone is at a setting that when you are in a group message and you reply... It replies to everyone in an individual text as opposed to staying in that group text.

If you want to make it that it just stays in the group... Go to your messages, click on the three dots in the corner, then settings, then advanced, then group messaging and switch to the option that says something like "send an mms reply to all recipients (group message)."

lucky14

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:27 am
Ima4therecord wrote:
It sounds like ur phone is at a setting that when you are in a group message and you reply... It replies to everyone in an individual text as opposed to staying in that group text.

If you want to make it that it just stays in the group... Go to your messages, click on the three dots in the corner, then settings, then advanced, then group messaging and switch to the option that says something like "send an mms reply to all recipients (group message)."

Thank you! I've been meaning to look up how to do that but keep forgetting to. Just switched it on my phone. Having it sent to individuals was super annoying.

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:15 am
Ima4therecord wrote:

Well.. This was a few phones ago. And if that is the default that is stupid bc that's not how. Group messages work. But I'm using message+ and I couldn't find any setting like that

Besides, when I have a group it shows it all the group message
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics